five

I decided to walk back home to see if my parents would open the door, I needed some more clothes to take to Niall's house. Surprisingly my dad did.

"Where the fuck have you been?"

"The same place I go to every time you refuse to open the door for me."

"Who the fuck are you? Answering back like that. You worthless piece of shit. You're a disgrace to our family."

"No, this family is a fucking disgrace.

My dad slapped me hard, across my face, I'm pretty sure it left a big mark.

"You..slapped me." I said shocked, touching my cheek where he just slapped.

"Get the fuck out of here."

"What?"

"I don't want to you here."

"I live here."

"Get out before I slap you again."

I looked at him dead in the eye before leaving my house again. I sighed and called Niall. "Hey, where are you?' "My dad slapped me," "What? You went home?" "He told me to 'get the fuck out of' the house." "He slapped you?" "Yeah," I said starting to feel the tears fall down my face. "What am I supposed to do?" "Come and stay with me." "I haven't got enough clothes, I can't always stay at yours Niall, your family must be sick of me by now." "My family love you, we can go get you some clothes." "No money." "Then we will have to sneak into your house and get your stuff." He said as I laughed. "Did you talk to Conor?" "Yeah." I sighed again. "hurry to mine and we can make hot coca and make cake, it will make you feel better." "Okay, see you in a bit." 

-

"Niall! You got flour in my hair," "you got egg on my t shirt." 

"Niall honey, your friend Luke is at the door." "Oh yeah, forgot to tell you he was coming." "Are you serious Niall, I look like shit." Niall rolled his eyes at me while I looked at my reflection in the microwave trying to get the flour out of my hair. "Hey," I turned around to see Luke, seeing him realised how much I missed him, even though it's only been a few hours since I saw him. Jesus, I really like him. "Uhh... Hi." I looked down, then trying to walk past him, I really didn't want him to see me like this. My eyes were still red from crying, my hair was covered with flour and I had cake mixture all over my clothes and face. He grabbed my arm just as I was about to leave. He pulled me close to him and whispered in my ear, leaving chills down my body. "Why are you going?" "I look like shit." "far from it babe," 'Babe.' the word rung in my ears. " I smiled taking my arm out of his grip slowly so I could leave again, he held on tighter, he came close to my face, his lip less than a inch away from mine, I could feel his breath on me, I felt my heart beating faster, "I look forward to Friday." He whispered, closing his eyes and moving closer to me. "Hey guys do you- oh." I looked up seeing Niall, moving away from Luke quickly. "Yeah Niall?" I said quite pissed. Luke was smiling at the ground, which made my heart melt. He was adorable."Did I interrupt something..?" "No Niall," Luke said. "Yeah you did Niall." I said, walking upstairs to have a shower.

-

I couldn't sleep that night. It was nearly four am, I didn't want to wake up Niall, so I decided to go outside and get some fresh air. I sat on Niall's wall in the front yard. "Hey." "FUCK, DON'T TOUCH M-" "Emma." I turned around to see Luke. "Fuck, Luke," "sorry did I scare you?" I nodded. "Why are you out here? Alone at this time..?" "I couldn't sleep. Why are you her-?" He showed me his cigarette. "You smoke?" "Not as often as I used to, but it makes me feel good." He shrugged. "Anyway I saw you, thought I'd come talk to you, see if you were okay. When I came earlier, your eyes were red. You were crying? Why?"  I sighed, I didn't really want to talk about it, but Luke told me his story so it's fair if I told him mine, "My parents don't care about me. They don't let me live at home,I practically live here at Niall's most of the time. I went home after I spoke to Conor, my dad opened the door and he was angry, he always is when I'm not at home. Anyway I got pissed too and he slapped me across my face and told me to leave." I looked down, not wanting to look at Luke in the eyes knowing I was going to cry again. "hey," he said sitting down next to me and putting his arm around me. "Parents suck." He said. I nodded in agreement. "do you want to come to my house?" he asked taking my hand and intertwining our fingers. "umm.. sure." I said jumping off the wall.

-

Luke took me upstairs to his room. I hadn't acknowledged his room the last time I was there. He had band posters stuck on one wall. Pictures of people, and views on the opposite wall and the other two walls were painted white. He had a desk which was very tidy unlike mine. "Woah." "What?" "I love your room." "Thank you," "where's your mum?" "she's not here.." He sat down on his bed locking his eyes with mine, "my mum doesn't like being home." "What do you mean?" "She doesn't like seeing me. I remind her of my dad, she gets upset seeing me," "but-" "I don't really care. She goes to her friend's house or to a bar or wherever she goes every night, some days she comes back drunk as fuck, most days she doesn't come home." "but you only just moved here..." he sighed, "we lived somewhere else before, I said to her I was leaving, that I was fed up of her being like this, she started crying and told me she was sorry, that she would stop and move away from that house with me, so we did but she hasn't changed." I sat down next to him not leaving any space between us. He never took his eyes off of mine. "Luke, I don't know what to say, I'm sorr-" I was cut off with him kissing me. "It.. doesn't.. matter." He said against my lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me. "It, does. You matter." I breathed back against his mouth.

*Luke's POV*

"You matter." She told me. Matter? I matter to nobody and nobody matters to me. I have this girl wrapped around my finger already. It's only been nearly a week but I've got her good. Watching her break will be fun but watching Conor break will be even better.