sixty-five

after coming off the dance floor katya had gotten so engrossed in a conversation with kameron, that she didn't even notice when trixie slipped away.

katya only noticed trixie was missing when the dj announced that they had a special guest singer coming on the stage. "hey dela have you seen trixie? i don't want her to miss this." said katya. "don't worry she'll be back in time." said dela, grinning.

"urm hi." said the guest singer up on stage. katya whipped around and saw the guest singer was in fact her girlfriend. 'trixie can sing?' she thought.

"so i'm going to be singing an original song i wrote. i wrote it for my girlfriend, uh, katya. the song is called soldier and think that it is a very fitting title because she has been through some battles this past year and still somehow managed to stay on top. i love you katya." said trixie and started to strum her guitar.

katya was dumbfounded. how did she not know her girlfriend could play guitar and sing. from the first note of the song katya was entranced. katya felt tears slip down her cheek as she watched her girlfriend sing too her.

"oh soldier, take your time,
no-one said the words all have to rhyme
and if they do it's fine,
and even if they don't, no-one needs to know,
woah woah soldier, you gotta let things go"

and with that the song finished. trixie was greeted with loud applause and cheers from her peers but the only person she was focused on was katya. katya was whistling and clapping and trixie noticed tears falling down katyas face. trixie said her thanks and ran down off the stage and into her girlfriends arms.

"why didn't you tell me you could sing?" asked katya in the embrace. "i wanted it to be a surprise." trixie mumbled. "best surprise ever." said katya grinning.

soon it was time for the prom king and queen to be crowned and everyone was sat down at the tables as the principal of the school walked onto the stage. he was a very tall, dark skinned and skinny man, he was known for wearing eccentric suits and for wearing oversized glasses. "shit it's mr charles." said kameron, as the man walked on stage.

"good evening pupils. it's the time of night you've all been waiting for, the crowning of prom king and queen." he said and the hall erupted in cheers.

"silence. the votes have been counted and the decision has been made!" mr charles said and everyone calmed down. "the winner of the competition and our new reigning prom queen is katya zamolodchikova!" he said.

katya was shocked. she couldn't believe people had voted for her to be prom queen. she felt trixie push her towards the stage and it wasn't long before mr charles was shaking her hand a placing a large tiara on her head. everyone was clapping for her and she had never felt more wanted than in this moment.

"and now to crown the next prom king." said mr charles. "wait a minute, wait a minute! i'm sorry but tonight we are actually crowing two prom queens. the winner of the competition and our new reigning prom queen is trixie mattel!" he said.

katya clapped the loudest as she watched her girlfriend come and join her up in stage. trixie was handed a sceptre and not a crown as the prom king usually revived a sceptre instead. trixie took it gratefully and the two girls stood and watched as the whole school cheered.

"is there anything you would like to say?" asked mr charles. "i just want to thank trixie because without her i wouldn't be up on this stage." said katya. trixie blushed and gave katya a quick hug. "now prance my queens, prance." mr charles finished and the girls walked towards the back of the stage and then to the front showing off their winnings.

katya could hear the song 'charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent" playing in the background as they walked and katya thought the song couldn't be anymore appropriate.

when they got to the end trixie pretended her sceptre was a baseball bat and katya just bowed. the girls left the stage and found their friends. "we're so proud." squealed miz and hugged them both.

it wasn't long after the crowing of prom queens that trixie and katya found themselves leaving the prom to go back to katyas house. "best prom night ever?" asked trixie.

"baby it's just getting started." katya replied.