thirty-six

katya was sauntering out of school at a very late hour, she had detention after school because even though trixie had sent her the maths homework, she had forgotten to bring it in. she was going to trixies after school because val wanted to see katya again. plus trixie was going to come out to her parents which was huge. especially as she wasn't sure how her stepdad would take it.

the drive to trixies was uneventful and katya soon found herself wrapped under trixies blankets, taking a nap with her girlfriend. "i'm so tired, school is gonna be the death of me." said katya. "smoking is actually going to be the death of you." said trixie, pulling the box out of katyas jeans. "that's not proven." katya joked and she snatched the packet back from trixie and shoved it in her bag.

"are you nervous babe?" katya asked. "yes and no." said trixie. "wow i love how decisive you are." said katya rolling over to face trixie. she planted a few soft kisses on trixies lips to reassure her before they both fell asleep.

the girls both jumped awake at the sound of val calling them down for dinner. they gathered round the table and val made them say grace before they tucked in.

it was about halfway through the meal when trixie coughed and got everyone's attention. "so i didn't actually plan anything to say right now but i need to tell you guys something. i just want you to know that i'm gay and i'm dating katya." she rushed out. trixies stepdad put down his knife and fork. "miss zamo come with me please." he said. the table was silent and everyone watched as they left the room.

"so katya do you love my daughter?" the tall man asked once they were in the kitchen. "yes sir." she replied. "do you want what's best for her?" he asked. "of course, always." katya said, truthfully. "just so you know if you break her heart, i'll break you arm." he said. "yes sir." "okay then." they walked back to the table and sat down.

"trixie i'm proud of you for having the courage to share this with us. me and your mother support you fully and we want what's best for you." said trixies stepdad. trixie sighed and let out a small thank you before everyone went back to eating.

"i'm so glad he wasn't a homophobic ass." said trixie when her and katya had gone up to her room. "me too, i'm proud of you baby." said katya and kissed trixie softly. "i love you." trixie mumbled as they fell back onto the bed.