fourty-one

trixie took katya to the hospital and she had three broken ribs and a cracked eye socket, very severe injuries. well that's what the doctor said.

every time she took a breath, pain coursed through her chest. "why's living got to be so hard?" she cried into trixies shoulder. katya felt like she didn't deserve to be here anymore. fames bullying made her feel that way. "baby, i promise you, you have so much to live for, this is just a rough patch, things are going to get better." trixie mumbled and kissed the top of katyas head. "you promise?" katya asked. "i promise."

it was about four hours after they entered the er that katya got the all clear to go home. "i don't think i have the heart to leave you alone tonight." said trixie as she drove carefully to katyas house. "i promise i'll be fine." katya whispered. "baby you said that you would earlier and you got fucking beat up." trixie said. "there were three of them trix, even the strongest people can't hold off three people." katya cried. "look let me get some things from my house and at least let me stay the night?" trixie pleaded. "if you must." katya huffed. they took a quick detour and came to trixies house. trixie hopped out and went to explain to her mum what was going on.

katya didn't like being a burden, she knew when she got home it would be painful to do stuff, but she could do it. she didn't need trixie to baby her and care for her, she was too proud. she really just didn't want trixie to think she was weak.

"do you think i'm weak?" katya asked trixie as she got back in the car. "no why?" trixie hummed as she drove to katyas house. "i got beat up. twice." katya said. at this point katya couldn't stop the tears from running down her face, she just felt so humiliated and she hated that trixie had to see her in this state. "you're the bravest person i know baby." said trixie as she parked the car on the drive. "not many people would get beat up and then go to school and and see the same bullies the week after." said trixie and they walked into the house and laid down on katyas bed. "thank you trixie." katya yawned. "it's okay baby, get some rest." katya heard trixie say before falling asleep.