Even though he didn’t see her if before he left for work, he didn’t think anything of it since that wasn’t unusual.

"F*ck!' he muttered.

So that was what she was trying to tell him late last night. He was way too tired and sleepy to make sense or care for what she was asking.

His new position was really starting to take a toll on him. He wasn’t able to enjoy both his personal life and career like he used to. He was so tired that he almost cancelled on Cindy even though he had initiated the visit.

His decision to keep Cindy around had nothing to do with the sex, he wanted someone that didn’t care for Emily just like him and Cindy was that someone. It was funny how quickly she had turned on her supposed friend. Ash knew Cindy was jealous of Emily and wanted her life since she was always trying to compare herself to her. There were no comparisons what so ever but Ash wouldn’t never tell her that.

He had requested for Cindy because Emily was getting to him. He couldn’t believe he had dreamt about her. The dream had been too real that he was sure they were true but when Emily said nothing happened he was relieved. At first he thought she was lying but why would she lie? He would think she would gloat about it if it did happened, but she hadn’t done anything not of the ordinary since then.

 "Unbelievable. You didn’t even know she had the baby already?" his father asked in disbelief.

Ash tried to say something but was left speechless. There was no excuse why he wouldn’t know that when they lived in the same house.

He wiped his face in resignation. "I will go see her" But how? He didn’t even know what hospital she was at. She hadn’t left a voicemail or text message indicating where she was.

His dad asked him if he even knew which hospital she was staying and he answered honestly.

"Wow. You are something else Ash" he heard the disappointment in his dad's voice and felt like the little boy that didn’t make a good grade. He never had been one of those kids that often disappointed their fathers but recently he had been doing that a lot when Emily was involved.

 "You wanted a DNA right? Well here is your chance. At least go there to get the DNA test you have been waiting for so you can finally step up and stop being a child. She is at St. Johns” his dad suggested before hanging up.

Ash perked up at the mention of DNA.

Finally!

This was what he had been waiting for, his proof that she was nothing but a common whore. Now with a reason to visit, Ash turned his computer off then got up to go see her.

*************************************************

Ash walked into Emily's room grinning sheepishly. He had gotten two numbers on the short distance from the reception area to her room on the fourth floor. This wasn’t anything new for him; he had always had girls throwing themselves at him.

He intended to call them too, maybe one of them would become his future wife after he had gotten rid of his now wife.

He walked in the room to find soon to be ex-wife sitting up on the bed cradling a baby. She was beaming, whispering something to the child but as soon as she looked up he watched her face fall when she saw it was him. ‘Oooh someone is not happy to see me’

They just stared at each other, none willing to speak first.

He turned away first when he started feeling uneasy; something about her eyes always made him feel ‘funny’. It was one of his favorite features of hers.