Mileven~ Memory

General POV—

"Mike!" El giggled, as he smiled, tickling her sides, making her squeal.

They walked out of school, getting on their bikes, as they talked, riding back home.

"Can we have eggos when we get home?"

"Sure." He smiled, as she squealed happily, trying to ride faster.

"Hey, wait up!" He laughed, speeding up, as she started racing him.

"El watch out!" He bumped into her bike, as she screamed, falling on the grass. She sighed a breath of relief, getting up, widening her eyes.

"Mike!" She screamed, as he swerved in the road, in front of a car. "Mike!"

~~~

El was currently in the waiting room, crying in her hands, as the doctor went up to them. El got up quickly, wiping her tears, sniffling.

"He's awake, a bit of a concussion."

"Is he okay?" I sniffled, as he sighed, looking down.

"The crash it... wiped out a bit of his memory. He suffered from memory loss, he doesn't remember the last three years of his life."

"B-But we met two years ago."

"Is it permanent?" Karen asked, as El cried in Nancy's chest.

"Maybe, only time will tell." He sighed, as El nodded, sniffling. "Can I tell him who I am?" El asked hopefully.

"That might scare him a bit, maybe you should hold that off for a little bit. Just say you're a close friend.Would you like to see him?"

They all nodded swiftly, as he nodded, leading them into Mikes room.

They walked in, as El stayed behind them, crying. "Mike." Karen sighed, engulfing him in a hug, as he smiled lightly, hugging them all except for El.

"Who's this?" He pointed to El, as she wiped her tears, sniffling.

"This is El, she's our friend, she lives with us." Nancy smiled lightly, making Mike nod.

"Cool, is she like my new sister?" He smiled, making El cringe at that word. Sister.

"Hi." She mumbled, as he smiled, shaking her hand, making tears stream down her cheeks.

"Why is she crying?"

"She hurt her finger, come on el." Nancy pulled her out, as she cried, breathing heavily.

"He doesn't know me." She cried, as Nancy sighed, hugging her tightly.

~~~

They got home, helping mike upstairs since he's in crutches, as El sighed, setting her stuff down. "Uh.. where's my room?"

"This is our room." She mumbled, as he nodded, setting his stuff down.

"It's getting late, so we should get to sleep." She mumbled, getting in bed, as he nodded, looking around.

"Should I take the top bunk, or?"

"Right, Sorry." She mumbled, climbing on the top bunk so it could be easier for him to get in bed.

"Goodnight El." He sighed, getting comfortable.

"Night Mike." She mumbled, as tears burned in her eyes. She cried herself to sleep, wishing Mike could remember her. 

~~~

Three days later

El was currently on the top bunk, cold. Mikes been hanging out with his friends, El's been at home hanging out with Max.

She had to leave a while ago.

"El?"

"Yeah?"

"Why are you crying?"

"No reason." She sniffled, wiping her tears, hearing him sigh.

"Well, if you're sad, you can come lay here?" He suggested, as El nodded, getting off the top bunk. She got in beside Mike, keeping her distance.

"El?"

"Yeah." She whispered, sniffling.

"We weren't friends were we?"

"Yeah.. well.... No." She mumbled, looking down, as he sighed, turning around to face him.

"I'm sorry I don't remember you, you seem like a great girl." He smiled lightly, as she nodded, smiling lightly.

"Were we... more than friends?"

El nodded slowly, looking down, as he nodded slowly. "Do you want a hug?"

She nodded sniffling, as he nodded, wrapping his arms around her small body. She sighed, resting her head on his chest, as he hugged her softly.

He doesn't know how cuddle.

"You're warm." He chuckled embarrassingly, as she smiled lightly, cuddling closer. He rested his chin on her head, closing his eyes, as they eventually drifted off to sleep.

~~~

El fluttered her eyes open, seeing Mike already up, as she smiled, leaning into kiss his lips, making him dodge his head.

"Woah.. slow down." He chuckled, as she looked down awkwardly.

"Sorry.. I forgot." She mumbled, as he nodded, smiling lightly. 

"It's fine." 

She nodded slowly, pulling away, as he sighed, reading his book. She turned around, as a stray tear fell from her eye, making her sigh.

She misses the old Mike.

~~~

This was short, but I'm at school, all alone because the teacher made me and my friend split up because we were talking😂

-Valerie