•Chapter Four•

Miya was lying in the hospital, her face was bruised and beaten badly. As she laid there thinking about the events that just took place, Nik was on the over side of town coming back to Miya's house to check up on her because he felt bad for leaving her alone.

Once Nik pulled up to her town home, he seen police yellow tape around it. He was confused on what was going on, he looked over spotting the elderly lady. "Excuse me, can you tell me what happened here?" he asked.

The lady heard him, she let out a sigh. "Poor Miya got attacked this morning by that ex boyfriend of hers" she shook her head.

"Is Miya alright? Where is she now?" Nik asked. He didn't know why he was so concerned about a girl he had just met.

"Ah, she went to the hospital. She's beaten pretty bad" she replies. The woman was shocked because nothing like that has ever happened in the nice neighborhood they lived in.

Nik thanked the woman then got inside his car driving towards the hospital. He didn't like hospitals at all, they creeped him out for some odd reason. After a while he finally arrived, he kinda hesitantly got out the car. He stared at the hospital for a few moments before heading towards the doors.

Once he was inside he went up to the counter, there stood a blonde women, she was bony and wore glasses. She looked at Nik in disgust, it was probably because all the tattoos he had. Nik ignored the lady's look, he cleared his throat. "I'm looking for Miya Salvatore" he said simply.

The lady started to tap on the computer, she let out a sigh like she was annoyed. That caused Nik to give her a disgusting look. Few moments later she finally found Miya's room number. "It's number 211" she said before buzzing him in the emergency part.

Nik thanked her then headed inside, he looked through each room number until he found Miya's. He placed his hand on the nob but didn't open it yet. "Just do it" he mumbled, with that he opened up the door to see Miya lying there beaten up. "Fuck" he whispered before going over to her side. "I shouldn't  have left you alone, if I would have known. I'm so sorry" Nik quickly says, he took a hold of Miya's hand.

Miya looked over at Nik, she gave him a small reassuring smile. "It's not your fault, there's no way you could have known this was going to happen" Miya replied as she gave his hand a squeeze.

"I just wish there was something I could do" Nik said. He felt helpless, I mean he could find the guy and make him pay for what he did.

"Hey, you're here and that's enough for me" Miya said interrupting his thoughts.

Nik lifted up Miya's hand kissing it, he wanted her to feel safe. About that time there was a knock on the door, the person that came in was Mark. "Miya, I'm so sorry" he said. He suddenly noticed Nik but didn't say anything. "I should have been there this morning" Mark added.

"It's fine, I am fine just a little bruised up" Miya said. "Just when can I leave this place? You know how I feel about hospitals" she added.

"You and I both" Nik muttered, he didn't think Miya heard it but she did because she laughed a little at him. It was sweet he came to check up on her even though he hated hospitals. Miya's thoughts soon were interrupted by Mark speaking, she looked over at him.

"The doctor will release you in a few but I don't think it's safe for you to go back to your house or around the area" Mark said. "At least not until they catch the sick bastard" he added.

"Don't worry, Miya has a place to stay" Nik spoke up. He didn't know what the hell he was actually doing, why couldn't he let this girl go. Miya and Mark looked at Nik confused. "I meant she can stay at my apartment, it's on the southside" Nik spoke again.

"Are you sure about that Miya?" Mark asked. Neither of them knew this guy, for all they know he could be a killer.

"I promise to keep her safe" Nik said. "But it's up to Miya if she wants to come, I won't force her" he added.

Miya gave Nik a nod, then looked up at Mark. "It's probably best, Zack could be hanging around the building or something" she said. "Or he even could be here, I don't want to take that risk" Miya added.

"Fine but just text me" Mark smiled at his friend. Soon enough the doctor walked inside, he began to talk to Miya about what she needs to do when she gets home.

"Okay, thank you" Miya said. Once the doctor left, she turned her attention on Nik. "Could you please get my clothes over there?" she asked.

Nik nods then gets up to get them, he brought them to her. "I'll be outside, just let me know when you're done" he said.

Miya gave him a small smile, once he was out the door she took the hospital gown off. She put on her regular clothes, after that she went over opening up the door. "I'm all done, now I'm just ready to get out of here" she said.

"Alright" Nik turned around to her, he took her hand gently leading her out the hospital.