I'm Happy Now

"Don't widened your eyeballs that big, Chae Won-ah. They could escape your head. I still want my daughter to have her beautiful eyes." Jae Seok commented while walking past her, following up by Joong Ki, who grins at her.

Chae Won doesn't know how widened her eyes are, but she couldn't help it. She does surprised. She closed the door and following them to the living room.

Just two hours before, her appa called and told her to come to his house, said that he missed her food and asked her to cook for him, so she went there and did couple of food she knows her father liked.

But she never thought that he will bring a guest with him, let alone that guest to be Song Joong Ki.

"Is the dinner ready?" Jae Seok asking. When he saw her daughter standing, staring at them in confusion and disbelief, he called her, "Chae Won?"

"M, mwo...eo, eo, eottoke...what happened?" she stutters, not knowing where to start.

Joong Ki smiled, it was funny. But what's funny wasn't Chae Won's reaction, but the fact that he would exactly do the same if he's in her position right now.

"Your appa invited me to dinner, Chae Won-ah. He said you're cooking. Now, how could I say no to that?" he answered.

Joong Ki, too, at first didn't believe Jae Seok invited him to his house. They maybe had the conversation he wanted, but he didn't expect him to do more than just talking. He thought the road to get his permisson was still far, but he was wrong.

And now, the three of them sit on the same table while having a quiet dinner.

"Okay, can someone please explain what was happening?" Chae Won breaks the silence. She knew her appa doesn't like to talk much when they were eating, but she couldn't help to think that this is somewhat awkward to her. "I still don't get how you two could get along. Did I fell unconscious for years without me even knowing it?" she continued when they didn't answer her.

"We were talking..." Joong Ki opens his mouth to explain, but Jae Seok cut him down.

"I told him to take care of you and if he hurts you, I will make sure he couldn't use his legs and arms anymore." Jae Seok calmly said. Joong Ki quietly gulping, he knew Jae Seok wasn't joking around.

But when Joong Ki thinks again, he realized that Jae Seok words...were those meant he finally approved of them being together?

"Appa..." Chae Won seemed to realized it, too.

Jae Seok sighed. He puts down his chopsticks and looking to the man and woman before him, staring at him in disbelief.

He then, slowly and surely, smile at them. "You both remind me of when I asked your haraboji his permission to marry your eomma, Chae Won-ah. Now I know his feelings back then."

He stood up and smiled again before turned around to go to his office.

"Joong Ki-ssi...is appa..."

Joong Ki smiled and reached her hand. He squeezed it lightly, "Go." he said, pointed to Jae Seok's room.

"Appa." Chae Won found his appa stands before his desk, his back facing her. "Jeongmalyo? Can I be with him? You won't disapproved us anymore?" she asked, making sure they hadn't interpreted it wrongly.

Jae Seok is slowly turning and facing his daughter. He smiled again, wider this time, something Chae Won hasn't seen much these past years.

"No, I won't. I realized how selfish I was to you. You are my daughter and I love you. I thought what I did was to protect you. But I was wrong. I was the one hurting you, and for that I'm sorry. Appa jalmothaesso, ne ddal. Mianhae."