The phone that was left behind

The phone’s ringtone echoes in Chae Won’s room. She got up startled and groped her bag to find the phone which had causes the noise. Half awake she picked it up. “yeoboseyo?” she asked.

“Oh? Who are you?” it was a man’s voice. He sounded surprised. With eyes still shut, she answered. “ne?”

“I said who are you? Are you a stalker? You stole this phone from him?” now that man sounded like he accused her. What he said has just made her fully awaken. “chogiyo, I’m the one who should asking you that.” She said --a bit angry. Someone randomly woke her up and start talking nonsense. What’s the meaning of this?

The man across the phone hung up. “mwo-yah?” she scoffed out of disbelief. “It’s still 4.30 am in the morning and someone already out of his mind?” she felt agitated after saw the clock that is on her wall.

But as she looked closely, she realized that it was not her phone. It was someone else’s phone Yo Won said is left behind in her café yesterday. “omo. Otteoke?!” She asked herself. Who was she talked with just now, then? What if that was an important person to the owner of this phone?

Panicked, she turned it off.

Joong Ki was ready for Suk Jin to pick him up when he heard the bell rang. He had his wallet but he can’t found his cell anywhere. The bell keeps ringing so Joong Ki decided to let Suk Jin in first before he woke up his entire neighbors in this early morning. He can look around to find his phone after that.

Soon as the door opened, “where’s the girl?” Suk Jin bursts in to his condo. Joong Ki’s frowned. “what girl?” he confusedly asked back. Found no girls in the room, Suk Jin looked at him. “where’s your phone?” he demanded.

“I’m about to look for it. What’s wrong, hyung?”

“You didn’t spend a night with some random girl, right? You know it would affect your reputation, Joong Ki-ah.” Suk Jin reminded him. Joong Ki, who doesn’t have a clue about what is going on in his manager’s head that made him brought that up out of nowhere, just stood there confusedly. “what do you mean, hyung? Of course I didn’t do that.”

“I called your phone earlier to tell you that I’m waiting in a car. Some girl picked it up. Did you lose your phone?”

Now that Suk Jin asked, Joong Ki thought about it. He was –indeed-- didn’t use it all night after he got back. Was he really lost his phone, then?He tried to trace back of what happened yesterday. He still had it when he went to that small yet cozy café with his friends. After spending hours there, he went straight back home.

“Aaaah, I think I left it in that café. I was out with Kwang Soo and Bo Young yesterday.” He realized. “what? You left it behind? How could you be so careless?” Suk Jin asked out of disbelief. “I’m sorry, hyung. It was an accident. I’ll drop by to pick it up after I finished my schedules today.”

“What do you talking about? We’re going to take it back now.”

“Eyy, hyung. Do you think that café has opened? It’s still early. Even if it’s open, don’t we have schedules to run to?” Joong Ki pointed his index finger to the wall clock.

Suk Jin gasped as he saw the clock shows its time. “damn it!! We’re going to be late!! Come on, we should go now!!” Suk Jin rushed out, already forgot about the phone’s matter. Joong Ki smirked as he got out and pressed the codes to lock his condo before following his manager to the car.