He had a right to know

“Joong Ki oppa isn’t coming lately. Is he sick?”

Chae Won heard Da Eun said it to Yoo Bi. She glanced at the table where he used to sat. The girls had it a “reserved” plate from this morning, waiting for Joong Ki to show up. It almost a week now but he never came.

Yoo Bi turned to face Chae Won who pretends to count the money from cash machine, but ended up forgot the amount and she had to start all over again.

“Eonni, you’re friends with Joong Ki oppa, right? Did he call you?”

The last time she met him was when he had a dinner at her house after helped her working in the café. She never saw him afterward.

Chae Won only gave her a soft smile.

“Aaaaah, days became boring without him. Joong Ki-oppa... where are you? We missed you.” Yoo Bi whined.

Chae Won fell silent. Did he decide to forget her and move on with his life? If she’s him, she would do the same to forget about a girl that was clearly said she didn’t love him and always hurting him, starting from not seeing her anymore.

“Moon Chae Won, isn’t this what you want? So don’t look like you’re hurting when it’s you who hurts him in the first place.” She whispered to herself.

That afternoon, Chae Won went to the Church to visit Joong Seon. She hasn’t been there all week.

“Joong Seon-ah. Eomma’s here. How are you?” She stands in front of her son’s columbarium and staring at the picture of him.

“Kwang Soo-sshi, thank you for coming. I believed you must be busy but you still came. Yeong So was so lucky to have you as a friend.”

Kwang Soo smiled to a middle aged ahjumma, though his eyes are swollen from the tears. He just got news that one of his best friends since high school died from the long sickness so he finished the drama shooting and immediately came to the funeral to pay his last respect.

“Ahjumoni, don’t say that. I’m lucky to have him as my friend too. I’m so sad that he leaves us so soon.” He spoke with a cracked voice to her friend’s mother.

After he hugged her, he leaves.

Kwang Soo comes down to where thecolumbariums were lined up. He meant to take a back door to leave because it’s the fastest way to get to where his car is parked. But looking around and realized there’s no one there makes him chilled.

All he wants right now is just to get out from this place as fast as he could. But his steps are stopped when he heard someone’s voice.

“... I’m sorry for drove him away without making him know about you, Joong Seon-ah. I know I should’ve told him but you know why I didn’t, right?”

The voice is somewhat familiar to him, though he can’t remember whose voice was that. Curious, he walked towards where it came.

“…I should go. Be a good boy okay? Eomma will visit you again tomorrow.”

“Chae Won-sshi?”

Chae Won got shocked when she saw who it was that called her name.

“L, Lee Kwang Soo-sshi....” she speechless.

“So I’m right. I knew I heard someone familiar to me is speaking to… who are you speaking with?”