The sound of a broken heart

Jae Seok's room is in a different building of the hospital; which is only contained of VVIP patients. Mostly the room is for celebrities or politicians, so there's not much of people in that building.

In its empty hall, Chae Won sat down in one of the lined-up chairs and stares blankly at her hands.

Her faith for being with Joong Ki started to be shaken again now that he made up with her appa.How does she suppose to tell him now? She has to make sure he can handle the truth, which is clearly what he can't do right now. Its one thing if he doesn't know of Song Joong Ki, but he is and Joong Ki is one of Jae Seok's favorite among actors that he had worked with.

She let out loud sighs at those thoughts in her mind.

"So you're hiding here." A voice snapped her back to reality and she saw a warm smile she loved the most, standing a few steps in front of her.

"I'm not hiding." was Chae Won's reply on his words. "and why are you here, Joong Ki-sshi?" she furrowed her brows, he was supposed to be in there with  all the other guests who was visiting her appa, instead he's out here.

Joong Ki took a deep breath. "well, my girlfriend said that she had to go out for a moment but until everyone was already gone home she isn't yet to come back. I was worried that she might get kidnapped by a handsome doctor so I'm here to find her." He jokingly said and grinned when he saw her avoided his eyes; her cheek started to blush with the words 'girlfriend' that he just said.

He sat on 2 seats beside her and looking straight at the empty hall in front of them. "why are you here alone?" he asked.

Chae Won took a breath. "the room is too crowded. I just want to get some fresh air." She answered without looking at him.

"It wasn't because I pretended that I don't know you, was it? Mianhae, Chae Won-ah, I thought..." Chae Won shook her head.

"You don't need to apologize. It was something that should've done." She turned her head and gave him a smile to convince him of her words.

He smiled back at her before threw his gaze to the empty hall again. There were silences between them for quite a long time before Chae Won heard Joong Ki's loud sigh.

"Ani, I was wrong. I shouldn't have pretended I didn't know you." He suddenly felt regret. "how am I supposed to ask for his blessing on us if I lied to him from the start?" he continued when his eyes met hers again.

Chae Won is Jae Seok's daughter. If he is to marry her, he had to ask for his permission. Joong Ki knew it won't be an easy job—to get his blessing—if he found him lying about knowing her.

Images started flashing in his head. He still remembered what Jae Seok's said in front of Joong Seon's columbarium.

"It crushed me when I know some bastard made her pregnant. And it crushed me more when she refused to tell me who he was to protect him."

How will Jae Seok reacts when he learned that the bastard who made his daughter pregnant and thrown out of the house was him? He won't forgive him. It will become harder for him and Chae Won to be together.

"I'm such a coward." Joong Ki said in frustrated while covering his head with his hands.

Chae Won stared at him for a short moment. She knew it will become hard when she decided to take Joong Ki's hand, but she did it anyway. And as always, she didn't regret it.