Have you ever missed me?

“Noona, I take my leave. Good night. Song Joong Ki-sshi, good night.” Yong Hwa greeted them as he leaving after they have done to clean up the café.

“Thank you for your hard work, Yong Hwa. Be careful on your way.”

Chae Won turned around and saw Joong Ki. “why are you still here? Not going home?” she raised her eyebrows.

“Are you not going to pay me for today?” he asked while smiling.

“You’re asking me to pay you? Heol, I can’t believe it. You’re the one who’s willingly to work here, though.” she scoffed. “fine. How much did you want?”

“A dinner would settle it.” Joong Ki tapped his stomach. “I’m hungry. I haven’t eats anything since breakfast.”

Chae Won eyes widened. “mwo? Are you crazy? What if you get sick?!” she scolded.

He just grinned at her.

Chae Won searched for something that she can cook for Joong Ki in her refrigerator but found nothing. She hasn’t gone to the market to buy food ingredients because lately she always eats outside.

Fortunately there are some ramyeon in her cupboard. She remembered that it was his favorite, -ramyeon with egg and kimchi- so she decided to cook it for him. Joong Ki glanced to Chae Won and saw her tying up her hair to be a ponytail. He smiled. It was her behavior, tying her hair before starts cooking.

He’s looking around Chae Won’s little house. Not big, but enough for one person to live. “you live here alone?” he spoke. Chae Won turned her head and when they looked at each other, she nods.

“No boyfriend?” he asked again, his eyes are now staring at a picture of her and Chang Wook. Chae Won paused before she speaks without seeing him.

“I don’t have time for that.”

“Huh, how ironic.” He scoffed. She broke up with him because she said there is another man who had ambition and passion, unlike him. But now she’s living alone in a house and no boyfriend. “didn’t last long with him?”

Chae Won glared at his back. She can’t believe he casually brought up a sensitive topic when they don’t even know what kind of relationship they had right now. They’re not a lover but they’re not friends, either.

She ignored his question and served the ramyeon on the table. “food is ready.” She called him.

Joong Ki approached her and sits on the chair. He sees a pan with 2 pieces of ramyeon noodle and egg inside it, the steam puffed out from it. He could feel his stomach silently growling as he inhaled its smell.

“I’m sorry. I haven’t gone to the market, so I can only cook ramyeon for you.” She moved closer to his side and arranged a spoon and chopstick in front of him. Joong Ki looked up and their eyes met.

It is the first time they got so close like this after two years. Joong Ki can looks clearly at her beauty and flawless face and suddenly feel an emotion he had once towards her. Every time Chae Won cooked for him, He would pull her to sit on his lap and kissed her. They were just like a marriage couple.

But now they aren’t even a couple anymore.

Just like him, Chae Won could feel their memories floating back in her head. She can’t help but to glanced at his lips and remembered what it tasted like. The thought of it has made her cheek blushed. She cleared her throat nervously and then hurriedly took a bowl of rice and kimchi and –keeping a distance from him- put it on the table.