My heart can't

Jae Seok sitting in his chair, staring at a piece of photo paper that has been on his desk for quite some time now since he saw it this afternoon after he came back from shooting his new movie.

He didn't know who sent it, what was the meaning or what was happened on the photo, but one thing he surely knew is that he recognized the three persons in it. Even too well, he's afraid.

He brought the photo closer to his sight. He could guess where the photo was taken so he took the phone on his table and called one of his people, asking to take him to that place to make sure.

"Thank you for the food." Joong Ki said as he finished a dinner Chae Won made for them. She smiled and stood up to bring the plates to the sink.

Joong Ki sat lazily on his couch and turned on the TV. While the TV shown commercials—mostly his—he looked side to where Chae Won busying herself cleaning the kitchen.

He can't help but smile to the view. He had a gorgeous woman he knew he'll love forever in his condo, taking care of his dinner and cleaning in his kitchen like his own wife. He feels extremely happy.

Well, she'll be his real wife anyway, when...

"Chae Won-ah..."

"Hem?" Chae Won responded without looking at him, still busy cleansing the plates and the chopsticks.

"When will we talk to your appa?"

Chae Won paused for a moment before continued what she did. "Soon." she answered him.

Joong Ki sighed. He's started to feel that she wouldn't want them to meet her appa. He's confused because in the hospital, she's the one that said they will meet Jae Seok once he had fully recovered. It's more than a month since her appa discharged and Joong Ki is very sure that he must've fully recuperated by now.

So what's the hold?

He squints his eyes at her back. Is she... somehow, still in doubt? Or is she still trying to protect him from what will happen?

"Chae......" the door bell interrupted his words. Both of them turned their head to the door before looked at each other.

Joong Ki got up and approached the interphone beside the door and when he saw who the guest was, his eyes widened in surprise.

Chae Won noticed Joong Ki stood frozen while the door bell keeps ringing.

"Joong Ki-sshi, who's that? Aren't you going to open the......" her voice stuck in her throat as she saw the guest too.

"Ap...pa?" she muttered in disbelief.

"Joong Ki-yah, am I disturbing you by coming this late?" he asked and smiled elegantly when Joong Ki opened the door for him.

"A, anieyo PD-nim. Please..." he stepped aside to welcome Jae Seok in his private space. Not waiting for the second offer, Jae Seok walked passed him to the living room. Joong Ki closed the door and followed him from behind.

Jae Seok looked around as if searching for something—or someone. But it looks like he's been all alone before he came.

"PD-nim, is there something I can help you?" Joong Ki asked, felt rather weird with his unexpected visit.

Jae Seok turned his body to face him and smile again. "I was out because I'm bored. I went to my daughter's café, but she wasn't there..." he paused a moment for Joong Ki's reaction, but as he didn't respond him, he continued. "then I remembered that your house is near so I just want to stop by to thank you." He ended his answer as he sat on the sofa.