I would do anything

“Hyo Joo-ah, you okay?” Chae Won asked.

Hyo Joo got choked by her food when Chae Won told them that she met Joong Ki. She nods while her left hand is busy hitting her lung, coughing the food out from her wrong pipe. Geun Young immediately gave her water which she drank until its run out.

Chae Won stared at her, worryingly. She didn’t think that her news will almost kill her chingu.

“She’s fine. You said you met him again, Chae Won-ah?” Geun Young gets back to the topic, ignoring Hyo Joo who’s still trying to catch her breath back.

Chae Won hesitated for a while before she made up her mind and tell her two best friends everything that happened.

“Since then, he kept coming back to my café every day. He only came in the morning, but sometimes when he doesn’t have a schedule he came alone and just sat at a corner table for hours. It happened almost two weeks now.”

“Two weeks?! And why do we only know this now?” Hyo Joo demanded.

“I’m sorry. Both of you are busy with your works. I don’t want to add more to your concern.” She felt bad for not telling them sooner but she can’t do anything about it.

This is the first lunch they had together since the last time they met over a month ago. Hyo Joo got so busy with her upcoming brand that’s going to launch next week and meetings with clients while Geun Young’s schedules made her barely sleep.

“You can call us, you know.” Hyo Joo sighed.

“This is something I couldn’t tell over a phone call or text message, chingu-yah.” Chae Won smiled. She left her food remained on her plate and drank her apple juice.

Suddenly Geun Young’s phone is ringing. She paused a second to see who’s calling and then pick it up. “ne, oppa… yes, I’ve finished my lunch. What? You already waiting outside?” she turned her head to looked outside the restaurant and found his manager’s car. She sighed. “yeah, okay. I’m coming now.” She said as she hung up the phone.

Geun Young is still in her tight schedule but she insisted her manager to take a lunch with both of her best friend because she misses them so much. Now that the lunch is over, she had to go, and Chae Won knew that. She smiled, “you should go, Geun Young-ah.”

Geun Young felt bad because she had to leave early.“I’ll call you both, okay?” she said while waving her hands and after she saw them nodded, she hurriedly walking to the car. Chae Won and Hyo Joo looking at the car leaves in their seat.

“So…?” Hyo Joo opened up a conversation again.

“What?”

“I want to know more.”

Chae Won took a breath and shook her head.

“Nothing more. I ignored him the best I could. He didn’t talk to me either, unless he wants to order something. He usually just sat there, reading a book or something.”

Something from Chae Won’s voice made Hyo Joo thinking that she’s a bit disappointed. Maybe Chae Won thought that Joong Ki came everyday to talk to her, but in fact he didn’t do anything other than enjoying his free time in her café.

“Well, if you’re not comfortable with him hanging out there, asking him to leave.” Hyo Joo simply said it, made Chae Won looked at her with disbelief.