Helping an old friend

“Moon owner, we’ve run out the coffee cups.”

Chae Won, who was just put the money in the cash machine after some customers paid their cakes, turned to see Yo Won.

“I ordered two boxes of it 3 days ago. Check the top of the rack where we stored coffee bean stocks, Yong Hwa usually put it there.” She said. Yo Won nodded before she gets back to search for it.

Chae Won heard the sound of the café door’sbell, means someone has walked in. She was about to say ‘osowaseyo’ before she saw who the customer was.

It was none other than Joong Ki.

He approached her with a confused look in his eyes. It was rare –seeing Chae Won behind the counter herself, working. She usually out at this time.

But he’s happy to see her.

On the contrary, Chae Won doesn’t feel like seeing or talking to him today after last night. He was so close to found out about Joong Seon from her appa, if only Chang Wook didn’t realize that he shouldn’t know.

Chae Won felt that things she kept from him someday will all be revealed if he keeps showing himself in front of her. If that happens, all sacrificed she’d done will be nothing.

But she couldn’t just drive him away. Like she said to him, he’s a customer too, so she just wanted to get him what he wants to have as fast as she could and then Joong Ki can leave, or at least not bothering her.

“Oh? Today the owner herself who is standing behind the counter serving customers? Where are her employees?” he teased as he approached her, trying his best not to show his happiness.

“Yoo Bi, Da Eun and Yong Hwa had final exams so they took the day off.” She told him without looked at him.

“That means today is only you and Yo Won-sshi that are working here? But the café seemed crowded…” He looked around. There were only a few tables unoccupied.

“Yong Hwa would be here for the night shift, so we’re fine…… But why did I explain this to you?” she asked back, more to herself. “just, hurry and say what you want to order.” she added –flustered.

Joong Ki smirked of how cute Chae Won is. He was about to say what he wanted to buy before he heard someone screamed. She must be heard of it too since she hurriedly went to the back room, where the scream sound came. He followed Chae Won along, curious to know what was happened.

They found Yo Won sat on the floor. Two boxes lied close to her, one of the box scattered its content. “Yo Won-sshi, what just happened?” Chae Won asked out of surprised.

“Moon owner, I’m sorry. I slipped from the stair when trying to take down the box.”

Yo Won got up right away and started up to clean up the mess she caused. Chae Won helped her and as she turned around to see the coffee cups that has been scattered on the floor, she saw Joong Ki took an unopened box and pushed it up to the top rack, where the box was originally placed.

“Joong Ki-sshi, what are you doing here?”

“You just need that one box, right?” he ignoring Chae Won’s question and looking at Yo Won. “anything else you need from up there, Yo Won-sshi? Tell me, I’ll get it for you.”

“No, Song Joong Ki-sshi, thank you. I just need the coffee cups. Aw!”

“Yo Won-sshi. Are you okay?” Chae Won approached her, looked worried.