Chapter 37

*K'eon*

I heard voices and beeping, I opened my eyes they felt so heavy, my eyes opened but the light was far to bright, I groaned in pain. The voices stopped, an I felt stares. I opened my eyes slowly adjusting to the light and I tried to recognize my surrounding. I opened my eyes to see a beautiful girl, I squinted trying to figure out who she was. "K'eon" she smiled I stared at her. She came to hug me but I pushed her off, she looked at me and then at the adults in the room.

"Okay can you wait outside and let us check him over" The people said. I opened my mouth to say something but the cut me off by pushing something down my mouth. I closed my eyes trying to remember everything, who was that girl.

flashback.

"K'eon I need to use your toilet open the door" I kissed my teeth and hung up my phone I jogged ton the door to see Chloe and a girl. "This is my friend Shay I'll be one sec" Chloe ran up to the bathroom. 'Shay' smiled at me shyly. I smiled instantly falling in love.

I opened my eyes, that's who she is, the thing which was I'm my mouth was removed and some people came back into the room. The girl stared at me I smiled "Shay" I croaked she smiled and ran to hug me, I groaned in pain "Sorry" she giggled.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You was shoot" a boy said, he looked familiar.

"What, who are you?" he looked at me and walked over. He looked at Shay confused.

"Teej your friend" he looked baffled. "Friend since year 7"

flashback. year 7

I had been sent to the headteachers office because I slapped up some boy, he was chatting shit so naturally I took action. I held my head down, while I played with my fingers. A boy came bopping down the corridor, he smirked at me.

"Why you out here, I sware your in year 7" he laughed

"So don't mean anything" I shrugged

"it does. Anyways I'm Teej"

"K'eon" I smiled.

"I'm in year 8 by the way so if you need anything just holla yeah I got you little man" he laughed

"safe I guess" I laughed

"I'll see you later"

"laters..."

Oh that's who it is, I nodded at him to clarify I knew him "So I was shoot by who" I asked.

"We will talk about this when your better" A woman said I knew who she was my bitch mother.

"Why are you here" I spat "I don't like you, and I don't want you in my life" she looked at me I'm shock.

"K'eon... stop it. You know I love you. This whole grudge you have against me has to stop" she cried. I kissed my teeth and closed my eyes. After about 10 mins I heard the door close and the people who where in the room had left. Only remained was Shay. She smiled at me.

"Your brother that was with you earlier is cute" She froze.

"Brother? K'eon no that's our our son, Kayon" she picked him up, I looked at him closely, his small little nose, his big brown eyes he looked like Shay. I nodded she fake smiled.

"Get some sleep K'eon" she kissed my check. I sighed and closed my eyes.

*Shay*

I left the hospital, I was worried about K'eon but Teej had told me he will be okay once he's had rest which I fail to understand as he has been sleeping for a long time. I sighed as I walked to my mums house. Teej had promised to sort out mine and K'eon house and get our stuff back. I trust Teej, so I wasn't too worried about that. I walked all the way home, taking the bus would be too much hassle, I needed to clear my mind. I prayed that K'eon would be 'normal' again. Whatever normal is, i don't think he was ever normal. I turned the corner to see a group of boys I kissed my teeth. I walked past them quietly as they remain silent I felt someone grab my arm I turned around to see Reece "Shay, haven't seen you for time" he smirked, I fake smiled. "How's you man?"

"He's cool" I lied, he nodded and his friends smirked.

"Cool yeah? Where is he?" he raised his eyebrows.

"Out somewhere" I hesitated. His friends laughed.

"Why lie Shay, he got shot" he laughed and a evil smirked came across his face, "We all know he did, your so called baby daddy nearly died, isn't that a sign you should move on" I shock my head.

"No I love him and we have a kid so I can't... why am I telling you this" I kissed my teeth. He laughed

"I don't know" I rolled my eyes. and walked away. I heard them all laugh. How does everyone know about this. I got to my mums house, Kayon was sitting in the living room, I smiled and picked him up.

"Please don't turn out like your daddy" he looked at me blankly. i laughed "You will understand some day"

"Shay!" my mum called. I walked into the kitchen she was cooking "oh you alright?" I shrugged, I took out my phone and text Teej, just to ask him if he has sorted out the house yet. I sighed and went into my empty room, the walls were still pink and my bed was there. I smiled, I've had so much memories in the room. I flopped down on my bed my phone rang

"hello?"

"yoo shay its Reece you alright darling?" I could feel him smiling down the phone.

"Why are you calling me?" I kissed my teeth.

"Figured you might need someone to talk to, I do care for you" I rolled my eyes

"I'm fine Reece" I snapped, I heard him laugh.

"You sure I mean its gonna be hard you being a single mother isn't it?". I hung up the phone. Teej replied saying he's gonna visit K'eon. I didn't bother replying I just feel asleep.

Tbh I'm not having good ideas for this book