Chapter Thirty-Nine

Grayson's point of view

  After everyone had left my house, I couldn't stop thinking about Riley. That kiss was amazing but it was a hit or miss. I honestly thought she was going to hate me afterwards but I could tell by the smile on her face that she was feeling the same way I did.

  She probably thought I looked like such an idiot when I was staring at her but I couldn't help it. She just looks so good all the time and my eyes can't stop looking at her. She's too beautiful.

  I grab my phone from off of my dark brown coffee table and I open up my messages. I go to Riley's name and begin typing.

Gray The Bae: you get home safely?

I wait for her response. Luckily, she texts back fast.

Riley: yeah, thanks for asking :)

Gray The Bae: Soo.... Are you going to bed now?

Riley: I mean I was but then you texted me.

  Oh no, I interrupted her sleep. How do I even respond to that? Maybe if I send her a picture of me laying down shirtless her eyes will be blessed enough that she'll faint or something.

  I laugh out loud. Wow, I'm really dumb sometimes. I continue typing on my phone.

Gray The Bae: oh, well, goodnight ;)

Riley: night :)

I really want to keep texting her but one thing I've learned throughout the years is to never mess with a girl and her sleep schedule.

  As I'm getting comfy on my couch someone knocks on my door. It was delicate but still loud enough to hear.

  I get up, quickly putting on my fuzzy blue robe and suspiciously look out the peep hole. It was Makayla. I hesitantly open the door.

  She stood with her arms crossed and she looked like she had been crying. Her dark hair was messy and she wore a pale hoodie with some leggings.

  "Hey, you alright?" I ask concerned.
Even though she's my ex, I'm not horrible towards her. I may have been at first, but now I'm cool with everything pretty much- wait, how did she know that I was here?

  She looks up at me. Her features looked worn out. "Can we talk inside?" Her voice was weak.

I nod my head as I open the door for her to step in. The door creaks as she comes inside and immediately sits down on the leather couch.

  I sat down far from her just in case she was going to pull something crazy. I haven't seen her in months so my brain is just buzzing with confusion.

"How did you know I was here?" I question suspiciously.

   She stares at me tiredly. "I checked up on you in the hospital a few times. Don't worry, I didn't say anything to anyone. The last time I went to check on you the doctors said that you were released to your home. But that's not what I came here to talk about..."

  She sighed deeply and played with her plain nails nervously. "A couple months ago I went to a party... and I was drugged. This one guy that was apart of the gang raped me. And I think I might be pregnant."

  My mouth formed a line as anger and sadness boiled in my heart. "I'm going to kill them."

Makayla looks at me, tears forming in her eyes. It broke my soul just looking at her. I couldn't ever begin to imagine the pain she's going through.

  I could tell that Makayla was distracted by something. The thing about Makayla is that she may act one way but in reality she is dying on the inside. Right now I could tell that she was holding something dark in.

  "I need your help going to the abortion clinic." She says quietly now playing with her fingers again.

  I honestly couldn't believe this. I get that it's "her body, her choice," but how many times will she get an abortion in the future? And yeah, it's none of my business but I just feel sad for the kid that never got to be alive.

  If I ever got a girl pregnant I would do everything I can to keep the baby. Even if I couldn't completely support it I would at least try.

  "When and what time?" I ask staring at her. This wasn't the first time I watched her get an abortion so I wasn't freaked out.

  "Sunday around 12pm. I'll come here so you won't have to pick me up." She replies.

   I shrug. "Okay." It was silent for a few seconds before I spoke up again.
"Makayla, I have one question."

  She looks up at me. "Yes?" But she didn't hold eye contact for long.

  Makayla looked different. I haven't seen her in months, personally, but she looked a lot older than I remember her being. She was still gorgeous, I won't deny that. But different.

"Are you going to get him arrested?" I question. My blood boiled up again. My friends had told me about The Wrecker gang but just hearing about the things they've done are enough to make me kill one of them. Of course I wouldn't. But seeing one of them get punched would really do the trick.

  Makayla sighs. "I have to go." Quickly, she gets up and heads for the door. She seemed nervous.

"Wait." I say as I get up from my position in the chair. She stops as I head towards her. The floor creaking with each step.

  As she turned around towards me I hug her as tightly as I possibly could. She returns the hug but I could tell that she was crying by the way she was holding on to me. Her body was cold.

   Makayla was the first to let go. Her eyes were swelling up with tears as she tried to wipe them away. I stare at her. "I'm always going to be here for you, okay? I don't care about what happened in the past. If you ever need someone to talk too just know that I'm here. I'll see you tomorrow." I say to her as she gives me a sad smile and then begins walking away.

   She stopped Midway. "Grayson, I just want you to know that The Wreckers gang have only been hurting your friends this entire time because of you. They only care about finding you. The leader, Elijah, is focused on making sure you're dead. They won't stop hurting your friends until you are dead."

My blood runs cold and my heart stops. Makayla waves goodbye before getting into her car and driving away.

   I shut the door behind me, the noise echoing through the empty house. I flicked on my kitchen light as I made my way down the hallway to my bedroom.

  This house used to be my parents house. We all lived here... One big happy family. And then they were gone. They left the house to me which is why I'm not living in an orphanage.

  The thing about living alone is that I have no one to come home too anymore. Nobody to tell my achievements too. No talking or laughter except from the characters on my t.v. screen.

  No matter what I do during the day when I come home at night I just feel lonely. There are a few good things; like that fact that I don't have anyone to tell me what to do. But loneliness trump's everything else in this scenario.

  I head up the stairs and to my parents room. Everything still how they left it years ago. Their room was black and white themed. I climb up on to the bed, It sunk from my weight as I cuddled into the blankets. My parents scent still embedded in the sheets.

   What did Makayla mean? Was my entire life threatening the people I care about. I swear if they put a hand on my friends... Or on Riley... Nobody else can get hurt because of me. I don't know what all happened when I was in a coma but I do know that nothing else is going to happen to my friends. And I'm going to make sure of it.

  I get back up out of the bed and head to the office in my house. I get out a pen and paper with an envelope and begin writing.

Nobody will ever be hurt because of me again.