Chapter Thirty-One

Riley's point of view

Ding. Ding. Ding.

The lunch bell rings and I head out of my math class, happily taking slow steps towards the cafeteria.

For some reason today felt really nice. Maybe it was the weather; maybe it was the Halloween dance coming up? Who knows.

I enter into the loud, packed cafeteria and greet all of my friends as sit down. Luke wasn't here.

"The dance is tomorrow and we still don't have our costumes. How are we gonna win the costume contest If we don't even have the costumes?" Mason questions.

Taya gives a sheepish smile in response. "Yeah, about that, I kind of forgot to sign us up for the group costume contest. But I did write Amber and Tyler's names down as nominees for Goul and Grimlin or whatever they call the Queen and King."

Amber grins. "Omg, I'm so excited. I hope we win!" She says, staring at Tyler. Tyler smiles at her. "Don't worry, we probably will win... If we have a costume."

"I can go to the mall this afternoon and buy them." I suggest.

"Do you remember what costumes to get?" Mason asks.

"Well, Me and Luke are Belle and Beast from beauty and the beast. Amber, you are Aurora and Tyler is Prince Phillip from sleeping beauty. Taya, you're Cinderella and Mason is Prince Charming. And Nick said he wasn't going so I guess he doesn't need a costume." I respond.

"I'm going with you. Can we go to the mall right after school?" Amber asks.

I nod. "Yeah, sure. But I need the money for everyone's costumes. So..."

Everyone gets out their wallets and hands me different amounts.

"I can give you all the costumes this evening, and then tommorow, before the dance, we can all take pictures or whatever." I tell them.

Taya smiles. "I've always wanted to be Cinderella. She's so gorgeous."

"You are my Cinderella." Mason winks. Tayas cheeks turn pink as she grins.

Awee. They are so romantic. It was lowkey cringey though, not gonna lie.

"Let's change the subject, please," Tyler says making a gaging face.

Everyone silently stares at him, waiting for him to say something.

"Have you figured out who the leader of the gang is yet?" Tyler asks, looking at Mason expectantly.

Nick sits down at the table, coming from out of nowhere.

"No. But there's a chance that one of the members of the gang are currently a student at this school." He replies.

Nick looks between the both of them. "Are you guys talking about 'the gang'?" Nick asks curiously.

Tyler and Mason nod. Me, Taya and Amber just listen curiously.

"Well, their official name is the Worthridge Wreckers. They named themselves after our town, Worthridge Falls. They sometimes refer to themselves as 'The Wreckers' and other people refer to them as 'Double W', but their initials are WRW..." He speaks.

Tyler and Mason eye him.
"How do you know all of this?" Mason asks.

Nick shrugs. "I've been doing some digging around. It's actually really easy to find out stuff in this town."

Tyler smiles sarcastically. "Do you also know where they're located at? Or maybe perhaps their headquarters?"

Nick rolls his eyes playfully. "I know that they're not adults. They are mostly in the same grade as us."

Mason sighs. "The leader of 'The Wreckers', wants to speak with Grayson. Or in short terms, jump him. But Grayson is in the hospital so that means that we have to meet him. But it would be much easier if we knew who this mystery dude was."