Chapter Nineteen

I head off to find makayla. Despite Grayson saying that she was acting, I felt really guilty for reasons I couldn't explain.

    I open the bathroom door and I see makayla standing in front of the mirror, reapplying her makeup.

   She glances at me in annoyance before going back to putting on her makeup.

   "Um, hi." I say awkwardly.

Makayla ignores me as she puts on some foundation.

    I sigh. "Listen, I just wanted to see if you were okay."

  She stays silent but then abruptly turns towards me with an angry frown.

   "Grayson doesn't like you. Matter of fact, you both aren't even dating." She says with jealousy in her tone.

   I look at her, deciding not to say anything.

  She turns back to the mirror and applies the rest of her Makeup.

  "So you were acting earlier?" I ask disappointed.

   Makayla glares at me through the mirror. "What do you think." Sarcasm oozing from her every part of her being.

      That still didn't answer my question, but I decide to drop it.

     "This is a lot of drama for your first day at a new school." I say to her, wishing that she would realize that I'm trying to be nice.

    Makayla scans me over looking for something. "I'm used to it.."

  I nod my head trying to understand. "Hey, if you need help with anything, feel free to ask me." I say turning to exit.

   I don't wait for her to reply as I leave the bathroom.

   Taya walks up to me as I exit the bathroom. She wore a look of confusion.

   "What is going on?" She asks as she faces me.

  I shrug. "It's a long story that I don't even know about."

   Tayas mouth forms a thin line. "Luke was looking for you."

    I frown. "Really? Did he say why?"

Taya shakes her head. "He just said that it was important. He looked angry about it."

   My gaze centers on the floor for a second. Why did he need to see me for. I haven't talked to him in a week or two so I don't know what I did.

   "Where was he last at?" I ask her.

Taya shrugs. "Just down the hall, why?"

   "I'm gonna go find him. Save me my spot at lunch okay?" I say to her before heading off down the hallway.

   Anticipation filled me with each stride I took. Luke was honestly crazy so he could want to see me for some random thing that he conquered up.

I bumped into a soft wall.

  Everything stopped. Including my emotions.

   Since when was a wall soft?

I opened my eyes and looked up. The face looked back at me with a hard expression.

   It was luke.

"Get up. I need to talk to you." He speaks firmly.

   I glare at him before standing up. He grabs my shoulders and slams me against the cold hard wall.

  It happened so fast that i couldn't process most of what was happening.

  Pain shot through my skull before my eyes focused on Luke's.