Chapter Fourteen

Friday Afternoon

I was swinging on a swing in a hidden playground. It had a playhouse, playground, swings, and basically looked like your average playground.

The wind was cold and the trees were swaying back and forth.

I sat on the swing tiredly.

It was currently the first day of September.

I had my phone in my hand. The sun was setting quickly.

I get a text from someone.

I check my phone. It was amber.

Amber: Mandy is moving!!!!!!! :'(

I gasp causing my throat to run slightly dry with cold air.

I hit the call button and soon enough I hear sobs on the other side of the phone.

"Everything is falling apart Riley! Everyone is leaving!" She Cry's and yells.

I frown at the news. "Who all is leaving besides Mandy?" I ask slightly worried. The warm phone cozied up on my cheek.

"Logan and Mandy!" She cries harder.

I was still slightly confused. "Why?"

I hear amber calm her sobs so she can speak. "Mandy is going to another school across the country! And Logan is moving to Hawaii "

I gasp shocked. Was this a prank? Why would Logan and Mandy be moving?

"Why?" Was all I could croak out.

Amber sniffles. "I think Mandy is moving because her mom found a better job and logan is moving because he is a military family."

This is so sad! They were a part of the squad. When members leave, it hurts all of us.

"When's their last day?" I ask.

I hear ambers sobs begin again.
"They are already gone."

Oh.

Wow.

Now our huge popular group has now only 7 people including me.

"Wow." I whisper into the phone.
"I never got to say good bye."

Even though I wasn't close with them at all, we were still friends and thats sad that we didn't get to become closer.

I didn't realize how dark it had gotten until I hung up with Amber. It was pretty dark despite it only being 7 pm.

I get off my swing and head towards my house.

I wonder how people will react at school tomorrow. I mean, the school did lose 2 populars.

I get an Instagram notification. It was a picture of Mandy and Logan, with an extremely large caption about how they will miss them.

As I near my front porch I hear someone call my name. I turn to see the source.

It was luke.

I sigh outwardly.

I hear footsteps, and soon enough luke is standing on my front porch. My house was two stories and it basically looked like a typical suburban home. None of the lights were on inside so I'm assuming my mom wasn't here. I had a swing next to my door.

I turn towards him in annoyance
"What do you want."

He playfully puts his hand over his heart. "And to think that i was gonna give you the gift of friendship."