Chapter Twenty Two

RILEYS POINT OF VIEW

   I cried myself to sleep last night.
I reread all of me and Grayson's text messages. I reread all my diary entries about him. I thought about him all night long. I couldn't get him out of my head. He was like a song stuck on replay.

  I wanted to see him so badly. I wanted to hear his voice again. But he hurt me.. again. I can't lie that I still like him. But he would never like me, and that's the depressing part.

  The next morning I didn't feel like doing anything, but in the end, I decided to head off to school.

  Everyone from school called me a thot, a whore, and much much worse.

   All of which was untrue, but it still hurt.

   I sat in the library, not feeling the need to go to class. Taya and amber told me that they had to go somewhere outside of school, and Tyler, Mason, and Nick also had a place to be so I was on my own without friends.

  I completed all my homework. Then makayla walked up to me with an evil smirk on her face. I watch as she plops down into a chair.

   I watch her with a sharp stare. Makayla was known for her tricks.

  "I used to think that I was a whore.. until I saw what happened between you and Luke." She began.

  I sighed rolling my eyes. "Whatever. Can you just leave me alone. I'm not in the mood."

  Makayla smiled. "Listen, I know that your going through a tough time. But that's not excuse to act like a victim. I saw you and Grayson arguing the other day. He seems to really care about you..."

   I stare at her blankly. She's obviously feeding me lies. There's no way makayla would ever give m advice on anything unless she was trying to manipulate me.

  Makayla stands up. "I wish I could have him back, personally. But he seems to like you more.."

  I watch as she struts away in her stilletos before I get a call from Mason.

  "Hey? What's up?" I ask dully and tiredly.

  Mason speaks frantically. "You need to come to the hospital, asap!"

   I frown confused. Worry laced my features. "What?! Why?!"

   Mason breathes heavily as if he was having a panic attack.

  "Graysons in the hospital! I will explain later, just please hurry!" He panicks before hanging up.

  I get up quickly  before heading out of the school building and driving off towards the hospital.

Many thoughts went through my mind. I was worried and confused. Why is he in the hospital?

  As I arrive I go into the dull, plain, lobby. I see Tyler sitting there anxiously.

  Once he sees me, he jumps up out of the maroon colored chair and runs to me.

  "No time to talk!" He panicks before dragging me down the ER.

We run down hallways quickly dodging medical equipment before we come to a dead end. There was a door right in front of us.

Tyler knocks once before barging in.
All of our friends were in there. It was a really big room with multiple seats.

  Everyone stares at me with worry and concern. As I walk in even more, I begin to see a body laying on the bed.

  I gasp as I see that it was Grayson.
He looked pale, and very ill.

  My heart sinks as questions race around my mind. "What happened?!" I whisper yell in complete mortification.

  Nick approaches me slowly as I gaze at Grayson's still body.

  Nick puts his hand on my shoulder. "Overdose." He replies sadly.

Tyler goes to stand next to us, and so does Mason.

  "I-i-im so confused? Why?" I ask staring Grayson down, wondering why he would overdose.

  They all shrug. "We can only make assumptions. I would say that it was a mixture of everything." Mason explains.

Tyler frowns. "I told you that going to the graveyard was a horrible idea.."

Nick rolls his eyes. "We had no idea that he was gonna do this. Yes, the graveyard might have been a horrible idea, but him doing this isn't our fault. He made the decision himself."

Amber and Taya silently stare at grayson sadly. They were probably trying to think of why he did this. They probably had many questions racing through their mind like everyone else.

"What did the doctors say?" I ask looking around at all of them for an answer.

  Mason sighs. "He's in a coma, they say that it will probably last a couple of days, maybe a week or so. But once he wakes up, he isn't allowed to do much of anything because the amount of drugs he took made him weaker mentally, and physically. He literally could have died."

  I stare at grayson intensely, hoping that he would wake up with a big, warm smile on his face. I walk over to the side of the bed and gently touch his hand. It was cold.

  "I heard that when a person is in a coma, they can still hear stuff. So if you want to talk to him, he will most likely hear you. Just tell us when you want to have space with him and we will go." Taya offers.

  I give her a small, sad smile. "Thanks. Do you mind if I talk to him now?"

"Of course." Taya says with a closed smile. Everyone quietly leaves the room.

  The beeping noise from the machine indicated that he was still alive, which I was grateful for.

  I held his hand tightly. On the heart monitor, I saw his heart beat quicken. So he can obviously hear me.

  I sit down at the very edge of his bed. "Grayson, I would like to say that I'm sorry."

    I see that His heart beat fastens by the way the heart monitor is beating. "I'm sorry for everything. For putting you through a bunch of drama that you probably didn't want any part in. I'm sorry for hurting your  feelings. I'm sorry for ever meeting you. I know that you hate me, and you don't have to pretend to be my friend anymore. It's obvious that you never liked me as a friend and probably never will..." I ramble on.

  "But, since I assume that our one sided friendship is over, I guess I have to tell you the truth..." I speak on.

I sigh. "When I first met you, I thought you were a total jerk. You were mean and cruel and down right annoying," I chuckle.

  "You made fun of me, laughed at me, threatened me, annoyed me on purpose, and treated me like crap..." I smile, remembering when he would tease me.

  "But then something changed. You started being friendly and I started being friendly and then we started being friends... And then we almost kissed. After that, I hated you again because the whole Jenna and you thing. Then we fixed that and then we were like bestfriends again. And I began to develop a crush on you..." I gulped nervously. He is totally gonna avoid me like the plague when he wakes up.

  "Everything was going great, until Luke came into the picture again. I'm telling you the truth. Luke tricked me, he smashed me into a wall and kissed me. I wouldn't lie to the guy I like. But you began to hate me. I felt horrible. You hated me for a long while before we finally argued about it. And so here we are now.." I squeeze his hand hopelessly wondering what he was thinking, If he could think at all.

  "Well, I guess I better go.. you probably don't ever want to see me again so I will just leave you be. Bye, Grayson..." I say sadly before exiting the room. Everyone stares at me as I leave with my head down. I guess They understood why I was leaving so they didn't ask any questions.

  I got into my car and put my head on the steering wheel as I begin to process everything that has happened and everything that probably will happen.

    I miss you Grayson. And I don't think I will ever stop liking you..