27

Seconds became minutes. Minutes became hours. Hours to days. Days to weeks. Weeks to a month. One second I would blink and a whole month would flash by in a streaked blur. My parents had visited me weeks back. They were introduced to my friends and it was like an instant bond of some sort. Josh, Francis, and Nico had also taken the time to put a halt on their training to visit me. It was hard to believe I had so many caring people around me. I treasured them while I still had them, because one would never know when they would eventually leave.

Ouran had breezed by as well. It was already nearing the end of the semester, graduation for the third years was coming dangerously close. I didn't even know if I was going to stay for my third year. Of course I wanted to stay near Tamaki, but schooling just wasn't important for me. I spent more time with my studies then my training. I had large competitions coming up this year and the next. Hopefully Tamaki wouldn't mind.

Looking back now, I realize that I had so many moments that I've rarely experienced before I came to Japan. Love, hurt, happiness, depression, anger. (Such a shame I still haven't figured out who damaged my skates. I'd like to strangle them, but I'm a nice person. Most of the time.) I had matured a bit here. Smiled a little more. Laughed a little longer. Hugged a little harder. Experienced love more often. So many memories fluttering around in my mind.

As the days passed, it had came to my knowledge that there was going to be an Ouran Fair. The term was foreign to me, I was sure I would figure it out however. It seemed to be another extravagant party, in my mind that is. What did I know?

Classes blurred my vision as the days went on, each day getting slower as the fair dawned on the horizon. The host club had became rather busy, busy enough to where Tamaki had to miss skating a few times. I didn't get the luxury of missing training so I went alone several times. Tamaki has made it up to me by visiting my apartment though. I loved the small moments we shared together. I sometimes had forgotten that only Haruhi knew of our relationship. Several times I had to regain my composure within the public eye. It was bound to come out some time or another, but rather later than now. I'd hate to ruin Tamaki's reputation as a host and as a member of the Suoh family. I wasn't as worried about his father than I was about his filthy excuse of a grandmother. She had enough power to ruin the both of us if she wished. I wasn't going to chance it.

I just wished everything would be more simple. I guess whoever was in charge of this world had other ideas. Though I guess I'm more blessed than others. I just want to curl up next to the one I love and let the world spin around me. Was that too much to ask for? Possibly so.

Fate—or was it destiny—always liked playing games with me I guess you could say. Like I was their little puppet on a sting. Sentenced to a life bound to eternal strings that decided my past, present, and future.

What a depressing thought. Chained to eternal slavery, pushed through whatever hardship was ahead.

I shook my head, relieving myself from the treacherous thoughts. My mind always seemed to buzz with thoughts or ideas. More so now than it usually does. I found it odd, but simply shrugged it off, telling myself that it was due to becoming slightly more solitary due to the hosts planning on whatever they were doing for the Ouran Fair. The confinement to just myself was soothing at times, but it was lonely. Depressing even. I guess I've became spoiled. I've let that silly blonde get to me hard, didn't I? The simple mention of him made me smile ever so slightly. Oh how he had managed to change me.

I allowed myself to fall back into my drifting thoughts. Resting my chin on the palm of my hand. I began to think of the hosts, of how they were like my second family. A family of non-blood relations, the twins and the cousins being a special case. They helped each other rise, keeping the balance within their hold. While Haruhi still fumbled with her dept, she was more at ease with the club compared to when I had first met her. Kyoya had even lightened up on her, allowing her to pay off more dept. I doubted they wanted her to leave the club though. I wondered if she would resign from the club once her dept was paid. It was a possibility after all.

It was obvious that Honey and Mori were slightly more clingy to the group more than ever lately. Honey more so than Mori that is. Though they would still be on the same campus, they wouldn't be in the same building. I could already tell that it would be a tear filled moment when the day came. Tamaki might need some consolation.

With Tamaki and Kyoya being third years and Haruhi and the twins being second years, it will definitely be a change of pace. I wonder if they will look for more people to be hosts once the next semester comes around. It wouldn't be the same though. What really catches my interest is when all of the hosts are out of their schooling years. Will there even be a host club? Or will the legacy live on? Such a mystery that will unfold with time.

The future can be rather frightening, couldn't it? Endless possibilities crashing together. Mingling and separating to create new opportunities and outcomes. So many paths one could take. The road to success or to failure. The path to love or loss. To happiness or forever sorrow. A law abiding citizen or a crazed criminal. Red strings of fate tangling around our throats. To either hang us or lead us. It was up to the choices. To fate. Destiny. Whichever came first, if there ever was one to begin with. I wonder what my little red string of fate lead. Heaven or hell. Or nothing at all. Was there a pair of silver scissors waiting along the way? The curiosity clawed at my mind and stung my thoughts.

Funny how a simple thought of the host club could lead to one about a life hanging by a red thread. I guess my thoughts could run deep at times. Thinking can be frightening if you let it run loose for too long.

I should stop while I'm ahead, I thought to myself, bringing my mind to reality. My eyes drifted towards my favorite blonde before flicking towards the board where several equations lie.

What a world I live in. What a world indeed.

~•~

This went DEEP. Really DEEP. That's why I don't let myself think for long periods of time.

O o f.

This was more of a filler though. It kinda leads on to future events.

(You can tell my writing style changed a bit like geez.)

I honestly need some coffee.

Have a good (morning/day/afternoon/night)!