1

||Edited||

I let out a long sigh as I looked around my bedroom. The walls were bare—I had taken down everything and had them carefully placed in a box that was labeled 'wall decor'. My closet was striped clean, leaving only a few boxes that contained photo albums and blankets from when I was younger. Surrounding my bed was several boxes. Said boxes were going to be picked up after I had left for the plane.

The sudden knock on my door made me jump slightly and turn towards the direction it came. The knob twisted and a sharply dressed man walked in.

"Father? Did you need something?"I asked, turning around to look at him fully. He shook his head, "no, just wanting to send the last few minutes with my son before he leaves."

"Fair enough."

"I do have a question though."

"Yes?"

"Why Japan?"he asks me, glancing around the room, his eyes flickering at me as he did so, making me assume that he wasn't completely alright with the idea that I chose to leave Germany and travel to Japan.

"Because they have the one of the most elite schools in the world!" I exclaimed, thinking about how extravagant the school was.

My father stayed quiet for a moment, as if trying to form some type of excuse to keep me here. He sighed, a smile twitched on the corner of his lips, "just be careful. I'd rather not have to deal with your mother trying to kill the person that harmed you if something happened."

"That's why I don't intend tell her anything,"I grin. He frowns for a second before chuckling,"fair enough."

I glanced at my watch, "my plane leaves in an hour. I should get going, yes?"

"I guess so,"he sighed. "I'll have the rest of your belongings shipped in tomorrow."

"Thank you, father,"I smile up at him, considering the fact that he towered a good foot taller than me. He gave me a look before rolling his eyes and ruffling my silver hair, "don't make me regret it. You make me regret a lot of things."

I let out a gasp and put a hand to my chest, feigning hurt,"wow. This is how you treat me after all I did for you? Ha! I'm hurt! I may as well dig my grave and turn over in it!"

"You're delusional."

"You're crazy."

"You're weird."

"Says who?"

"Says you."

"Me?!"

"Yeah, you jackass."

I pouted and grumbled a few choice words while he laughed. As I watched him try to sober up, I let out an indignant huff, which signified my annoyance, and crossed my arms. My little tantrum had made him snort and he had to cover his mouth to keep from laughing any more. I groaned and grabbed him by his elbow, he simply let me drag him out of my room and down the black stairs that shined. A small smile etched onto my face as I realized that I was just steps away from my new life.

~

One would think that once you were out of the house you had all of the freedom in the world to do as you liked. Not true. In fact, it actually consisted of promised calls every day, the usual checkup of "how has your new life been treating you?" and "when are you going to visit again?". It had only been a day since I had officially moved to Japan and my mother had taken the liberty of visiting me.