22

"Hey En-chan, you know you can take your shoes off so they don't get wet, right?"

The hosts and I were currently at the beach. Again. Except this time there was no host club customers there with us. Just us.

I nodded,"yeah, I know, Honey, but I don't think I'll get in the water this time."

"And why not?" The twins ask in their perfect unison. I lazily look over in their direction,"because I don't want to. Is that a problem?"

"You usually get in the shallows every time we come here, why not now?" Tamaki wondered.

I mentally groaned. No one knew about the injuries on my feet because of my new skates. The fact that they are still hurting makes everything worse. Though they were almost healed, so that part was alright.

"I'm just tired, that's all. The past competition roughed me up a bit. Training isn't easy you know."

"I don't think being tired is half of it, Engel."

Dammit Kyoya. I'm trying to not get caught hiding my feet here. Quit noticing everything.

"Yeah. I have actually noticed you wincing when you walk. Are you hurt?" Haruhi asks as she crosses her arms.

All I wanted to do was sit on this big rock and watch the waves while my feet were under my watch, but apparently everyone was out to get me.

"I'm fine everyone. Why is everyone suddenly so worried? It's a little unusual,"I sigh, enjoying the heat from the sun.

"Because we care,"Mori said and it took quite a bit of effort not to gape. He never really spoke directly at me. He only gave small grunts or a nod in my direction.

"Look, I'm fine. Go enjoy the sunshine and the sea. I'll sit here and enjoy the scenery."

"Then take off your shoes to prove that you are fine!" The twins exclaimed.

"What does that have to do with anything?"

I just keep beating around the bush, avoiding every question they shot at me.

"It have everything to do with avoiding our questions,"Kyoya said, his onyx eyes staring at me, as if looking for hidden details and secrets.

"Wait. . . Does this have something to do with your new skates?" Tamaki asked. "I remember a little after we met, we went to the skating rink and you said you would teach me how to skate. You said that you would get me used skates because the newer ones would give me blisters and make me bleed. . . Is that why?"

I winced. He caught on. I knew he was smarter than what he put on.

"Look. . . I have taken care of it. My feet are almost healed now. Just don't worry about it. I'm fine. . ."

"Show me then. Show me that you are almost healed," Tamaki said, the smile he always held was no long present. It made my heart ache.

I sighed again and began untying the laces on the combat boots that I liked for some reason.

There was no point in hiding it now. They caught on. I mentally smiled and I shook my head, it was kind of funny how they worked together to solve things. Like a family that they were.

I pulled off my shoes and my socks revealing my slightly scarred and scabbed feet.

"See? They are almost healed. Happy?"

Our little beach vacation had ended and I was  back in my apartment. I sat alone on my couch, looking out of the glass doors and towards the lit up city. Lights flickered and different colors danced.

I sighed. I was suffering from a headache and an emotion that pulled at my heart. It was a painful pull if it were to be described. Probably loneliness.

I stood up and walked towards the kitchen. I opened a cabinet and pulled out the bottle that held pain pills. I opened the bottle and collected two pills. Hopefully the pills would soothe the pain in my head.

Shaking my head, I poured a glasses of water and downed the pills. I brought my glass over to the couch and sat it down on the small table in front of it.

I was exhausted, but I just couldn't go to sleep. My eyes burned and my eye lids were heavy, but I just couldn't go to sleep.

It was well after midnight, probably nearing two in the morning now. Not that I cared. I was too busy thinking.

My thoughts swirled throughout my mind, becoming temporarily forgotten just to be remembered again. I kept thinking about what happened at the beach. The worried looks and helpful words. The fact that they cared for me warmed my heart.

I sighed again and laid down on the couch, looking out of the two glass doors once more. I laid there for several minutes, watching the city as it glowed in brilliance. My thoughts still blurred my mind.

I was brought out of my mind, however, when I heard a knock at my door.

"Who would be out at this time of night?" I wondered to myself as I stood from the couch and made my way over to the door.

I unlocked the door and wrapped my pale fingers around the door knob and turned my wrist, allowing the door to open.

Blonde hair in a mess and violet eyes flashing. I was taken by surprise.

"What are you-?"

I cut myself off as I noticed his look.

"You can come in." I moved out of his way and allowed the boy in.

He walked in, his arms wrapped loosely around himself. He looked tired, as if he hadn't slept in a while. The blonde sat down on the couch as I closed the door and locked it again. I turned my attention back onto the boy in front of me. I couldn't make out much, considering the fact that the only light was coming from the city outside.

"What's wrong?"

I never knew that such a boy could have such horrific things in his life.

~•~

Ooooooooh what did I just do?! Cliffhanger! Wooo! Sorry, I've been role playing as Alfred F. Jones (kudos if you know him) and I talk obnoxiously and stuff now by accident, oops?

Anyways, sorry about the late update. My writing juices went dry.

But here ya go.

Have a good (morning/day/afternoon/night)!