14

"Where are my skates?!"

I frantically searched the music room for my missing skates. I had placed them down on one of the many couches and now they were gone.

"Are you sure you didn't just misplace them?" The twins asked, their tone bored. I slowly looked at them, a look that would kill if given the ability,"I do not simply 'misplace' my lucky skates." They stepped back unconsciously, their nervousness had begun to show.

"Now, now. This is not the time to be snappish. Where did you last put them?" Kyoya asked, he held his black notebook to his side as he used his free hand to push up his glasses. I pointed to the couch beside him,"right there, next to that exact pillow. I left them there because no one else was there and I then went into your small kitchen-like area to make a cup of instant coffee. Now their gone!"

I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed.

"Maybe one of the customers took them?" Honey suggested. "I don't mean to point fingers though..."

I sat down onto a nearby couch and groaned,"I'll never find my skates now! I have a competition coming up and I don't have the time to go chasing down a skate thief!" Tamaki sits down next to me and places his hand on my shoulder,"we'll find them, don't worry." The twins nodded,"yeah! Nothing can escape us!" Haruhi glares at the twins,"yeah we know." The two similar boys shrug and smirk,"it's not our fault that Tono wants us to drag you to the meetings." She rolls her eyes.

"Well I'm going to look around the school and maybe I can find them if someone really did take them,"I sighed and looked over the room once more. "We can split up and help look around the school as well," the twins suggested. I nod,"that would be helpful, thank you."

"Mission-Find-Engel's-Skates is a go!" Tamaki yelled and grabbed my wrist,"let's go!"

"Alright! Alrighty! You don't have to pull my arm off, Tamaki!" I rolled my eyes as he dragged me from the music room and down one of the many halls.

"White skates with silver blades, right?" He asks and I nod. "That's correct." He looks around a bit before he pouts,"why would someone take your skates in the first place?" I shrug,"I dunno. Someone doesn't like me I guess." "We don't know that! Maybe someone took them by mistake!" He exclaims. I cross my arms and give him a look,"how does one 'accidentally' take skates when they were placed on a couch away from anyone, please tell."

He opened his mouth and then closed it. He huffed and looked away,"fair enough."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head,"honestly Tamaki you should-"

I looked out of the window and seen something shine in the fountain. My eyes widened.

"Engel?"

"I found them..."

I took off down the hallway, Tamaki at my heels. I raced down the stairs and towards the closest exit.

It took only a little bit before I was standing in front of the fountain.

There was my skates. Tied together by the laces and strung on top of the statue, the blades were loose and worn, as if someone banged them on a rock.

I stood on the edge of the fountain and rested my hand on the statue for support. I grabbed the skates and hopped down, right in time for Tamaki to come into my view.

"Engel!"

I looked up at him and then back down to my broken skates. There was no way I could skate in these anymore.

"Engel, what is-" he cut himself off as he seen my skates.

I laughed a cold laugh,"I told you someone didn't like me." I looked at me,"as soon as we find this person I'll make sure that they will get the punishment they deserve." I shook my head,"there's no need. The damage is done. Besides, I need some new skates now."

He stayed quiet for a moment before he grabbed my hand and starts walking.

"What do you think your doing?" I asked him. He turned his head and gave me one of his famous smiles,"taking you to get new skates of course! You need skates to skate, and besides, you have another competition coming up don't you?" I nod,"ja, but why now?" "Because classes are over and so is the club. I can call Kyoya once were in the limo and tell him what we're doing." "Okie. What ever you wish."

"How about these? Since most of your outfits are dark."

I looked at the black skates in Tamaki's hands.

I nodded,"I could try those. Did you get the correct size?" He nods as well,"the same size you asked for."

He handed them to me and I sat down on one of the benches to try them on. I slipped off one of my shoes and put on one of the skates.

"Fit well?" Tamaki asks. "Yeah. They aren't too tight but not too loose."

"That's good."

"I think I'll get these."

I took off the skate and put it back in it's box. After take I put my shoe back on.

I picked up the box and walked towards the check out area, Tamaki at my side. We made small talks while we waited in line. It wasn't really important. Just random things.

I bought the skates and sighed.

Just as we walked out of the store Tamaki asked me what was wrong.

"It's nothing, Tamaki. I just have to break in my skates before the competition."

"It shouldn't be that bad, should it?"

A little lie wouldn't hurt anyone.

"No, I'll be fine."

I just don't want you to worry about me.

"If you say so."

I looked at him,"so what do you want to do? I would suggest skating, but I would have had to do my warm up first and it's too late for that." He thinks for a moment,"we could go to my home, I guess." I smile,"sounds like a plan. Let's go!"

He laughs and I swear it sounded more genuine than his others. I wonder why.