The look on my face is priceless. I'm beyond mortified, especially I remember everything – the things I've said about Wyatt, how I acted like a whore on the dancefloor, and how it seemed like I was a total drunkard in the club last night. I run a hand through my hair and Matt enters the kitchen with a grin tugged on his lips. He grabs one sunny-side up egg and puts some rice on his plate. He sits right across from me and stares at me with an amused expression. I throw a piece of egg on his face, rolling my eyes. He bursts out laughing, shaking his head as he shoves a spoonful of rice into his mouth.

Glaring daggers at my plate, I take a spoon and fork, grabbing a plateful of rice. Now I'd get teased by my best friend and Matt about how I used to have the hots for Wyatt. That fucking Ajax Wyatt. The same Wyatt who ruined my life in high school – well, he didn't succeed though. I'm just exaggerating.

My Sunday is spent on cleaning the house. Melody and Matt took off as they said they would attend church but I've got no time for that, so I let them be. While I'm cleaning the house, I can't help but think about what will happen when I start working tomorrow. I have said some mean things to him, and I don't know if that's enough for him to fire me. I guess? But right now, I need a job. A stable one. I've got bills to pay – the water, the apartment, the electricity, and how am I supposed to buy new things for myself like clothes, pants, and other stuff?

Once I'm done cleaning, the sun no longer in the sky but instead the moon, I take my laptop on the desk near the television and bring it into my bedroom, turning it on in the process. I login and open the Chrome browser and head to jobstreet to search for another job. This is the site I used to search for a job and it landed me to work where I'm working right now. And I'm going to use it again to get another job. I need to be prepared. Just in case. A bright idea comes into my head.

I call my best friend. "Melody, I'm going to accept the secretary position." I say once she picks up.

"Are you fucking sure?" Melody asks and I can practically see the way she pinches the bridge of her nose. "If you want to suicide, you could have jumped off of your window there."

"I'm sure." I tell her. "I'm going to save the money. Right now, I've been searching for another job. And I think I've got a few that would take an interest on me. So in any case I can't take it anymore, then I'm sure I've saved a lot by then and the job... you following my plan?"

"Yes, and it's still dumb."

"I know," I tell her. "And I'm going to piss him in the process."

***

The workplace is still quite busy, with people roaming around with a cup of coffee in their hands. Melody and I are already doing reports, collating all the data needed so almost everything can be explained through a single PowerPoint file. We barely have time to go on break – we know it's just Monday, but the earlier we get this done, the earlier we leave by Friday. Kevin has gotten us coffee and we're thankful. He knows how busy we are on Mondays through Wednesdays.

In the reflection of my monitor, I see Melody looking at me and I turn my chair around to face her. She purses her lips and I can practically see the gears working in her head. She probably wants to know more about my decision I made last night, but that's not going to change. I'm going to say challenge accepted in that doofus' face. Turning around, I head back to working.

After a 3-hour straight of nonstop working, we – Melody, Matt, Kevin and I – decide to take lunch together since we're all hungry. Kevin and Matt are both talking about a football game that I pay no attention to while Melody is busy paying attention to her newly done nails. Meanwhile, inside my head, I'm thinking on how I'm going to approach Mr. McKenzie to tell him that I'm finally accepting the secretary position. I know the raise will be pretty high; his old secretary was able to tell me about that before she resigned. So I'm going to take advantage of that. As we get to the pantry, we immediately Mr. McKenzie talking with the other executive staff and once his eyes see me, he immediately bids farewell and walks towards our direction.