Part 34

Part 34

Today is Friday. I made it one whole week in this town. I haven't even died yet.

I should be more enthusiastic, but I stayed up almost all night, working on that stupid essay.

I proofread it ten times to make sure that it was perfect.

I guess I'm just enthusiastic about literature.

Needless to say, I was very proud of my work.

-

"You look happy," Jase said, smiling.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"No particular reason."

He just smiled at continued driving.

I smiled widely and grabbed onto Jase's free arm. "Aren't you gonna ask me why?"

Jase laughed. "Why are you happy?"

"I made it for a week already and guess what? I don't totally hate this school! Today's Friday so I get to sleep in and wake up late and I finished my paper. I worked so hard on it and I'm sure that Mr. Gareth will love it!" I squealed.

Jase laughed again. "That's great, Y/N."

"I know."

Jase looked around nervously. "I was wondering, Y/N. Will you go somewhere with me tomorrow?"

"Sure, why not?" I say, smiling. "Where did you want to go?"

"Well, um. My mom is getting married soon and I still need to get my outfit picked out," he explained.

"So you needed a girl to go with you?" I giggled. "Was everybody else too busy?"

His eyes widened and he shook his head. "No, no. Of course not! I actually like spending time with you. I mean, I really like being with you."

I laughed and patted his back. "It's fine. I was joking. I really like being with you too."

"You do?"

"Yeah, of course. And don't you usually have your clothes picked out if your mom's the one getting married?" I asked.

"I guess, but it's mainly for his side of the family. He has like five sons."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"When's the wedding?"

"A month."

"You're screwed."

"Hey!" He laughed.

"It's the truth." I shrugged.

"Another thing..."

"What?"

"I kinda have to drag someone along with me and I was wondering..."

"You want me to go with you?" I asked.

"Now, before you say no. You don't have to talk to anybody that you don't want to. Ju-"

"I wasn't gonna say no."

He sighed in relief. "You weren't?"

"Of course not! What are friends for?"

"I don't know."

"Why are you being all goofy? Embarrassed that you couldn't get anyone else to attend the wedding with than a socially awkward girl you just met a week ago?" I joke.

"No, cause I'd rather be with that socially awkward girl than all of those stuck up ones."

"Good."

-

I entered Mr. Gareth's room. I smiled widely at him and he smiled back.

I feels so stupid for being so giddy.

I went up to his desk and handed him my paper.

"Good. Where's Styles?" he asked, lifting up his glasses.

Not soon after, Harry walked in.

He looked at Mr. Gareth and rolled his eyes.

Harry handed Mr. Gareth his neat paper.

I stared at it in awe.

He never ceases to amaze me.

Then again, I was expecting a sloppy hand-written essay that was folded up and tucked into his pocket.

As Harry and I were about to walk back to our desks, Mr. Gareth called us back.

"Y/N, Harry."

"What?" Harry groaned.

Mr. Gareth smiled and handed us both some papers.

On the top of my paper, the name "Harry Styles" were printed across in Times New Roman font.

This is Harry's paper.

I looked up at Mr. Gareth. "Why do I have this?"

"Yeah, what's the point of this? We did your stupid assignment," Harry growled.

"Yes you did, and I'm very proud. Now I want you two to keep the other's assignment," Mr. Gareth explained.

"What?" Harry and I said in sync.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no," I say. "I worked really hard on this. If you let him keep it, he'd throw it away."

Harry rolled his eyes. "Isn't this like a violation of privacy?"

Mr. Gareth shrugged. "You guys are in school. What did you expect?"

"For you to grade our papers then give it back?" I say.

"That wouldn't of been a good punishment."

"She's not keeping my paper," Harry stated, folding his arms.

"Fine. How about you two keep your original works, and share it to the whole class?" Mr. Gareth suggested.

"Fine. Keep the stupid paper. I don't care," Harry barked.

He crinkled mine up and shoved it in his pocket.

I swear, a tear almost escaped as I watched how poorly my hard work has been treated.

I regret being so nice about him in my paper.

I held Harry's paper tightly in my hands and walked back to my seat.

-

HI. YOU SHOULD PROBABLY READ THIS PART.

Are you guys interested in reading the essays? If you are, I wouldn't mind writing them for you :)

Yeah, they're like a thousand words, but oh well. If you're interested, I'll write it?

Bye xx