Part 7

Part 7

"Ms. Peterson: not the most pleasant woman you'd ever meet. Wouldn't be surprised if she's the worst," Jason said, walking with me with his hands shoved inside of his front pockets.

"If I didn't know better, I would've thought that you had a crush in this 'Ms. Peterson'," I joked, elbowing his arm a little.

"Yeah. I'm madly in love. I sometimes wonder why a woman like her is still single," he muttered.

"Jase! You don't say that!" I exclaimed, punching his arm lightly.

He laughed and rubbed his arm like it actually hurt. "Jase?"

"Yeah." I blushed. "It's a nickname."

"Why did you have to give me a nickname?" Jason asked.

"I don't know. It's cute."

Jason pouted his lip. "It's not cute. There's nothing cute about it!"

"Whatever." I laughed.

Jase grabbed my hand and pulled me back. What's with people grabbing me?

"How about this, I'll let you call me Jase if you accompany me to the movies tomorrow," Jase said, smiling confidently.

"Tomorrow..." Saturday. "Yeah, okay, sounds fun!" I beamed.

It'll be nice hanging out with a new friend. Plus, mom and dad won't have to bother me on why I'm always alone.

"Great. Now I have to get use to you calling me Jase," he complained.

"What's wrong with Jase?" I ask.

"It's not... I don't know; masculine?"

"How isn't it masculine?"

"You said it was cute."

"So? Cute things can be masculine!"

He laughed. "I guess so, I mean, you're cute."

I gasped and pushed him away from me. "Are you calling me masculine?"

He held both of his hands up defensively. "Your words, not mine."

"I am not masculine!" I state, folding my arms together.

"Well... you are pretty strong," he says, rubbing his arm.

"I'm not strong. You're just a wimp. And you don't have to be masculine just because you're strong!"

"Yeah, you're right," he admitted. "You're just masculine because of something else..."

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Shut up. I'm so sick of you."

"It hasn't even been one day!" he pouted.

"That's the sad part."

We reached a classroom called 'Biology, Peterson'.

Jase help open the door for me. "Ladies first."

I laughed. "Hell no. You go."

He laughed and walked in the classroom, I followed him not long afterwards.

"Stop laughing. We're in a classroom. Do you need to get out and re-enter the right way?" a lady with grey hair tied up in a neat bun asked.

"No, ma'am," Jase replied quickly and sat down in his seat.

Ms. Peterson eyed me carefully. "You're Y/N, right?"

"Yea- I mean, yes, ma'am," I replied.

"Okay, you can sit over there," she says, pointing at an empty seat.

I looked over at the seat and realised that I knew exactly who I was sitting next to. I guess Jase did as well because he frowned.

Harry fucking Styles.

This was so predictable. Who would've guessed that I, the new girl, would be forced sit next to the school's bad boy that I totally hated? I guess now, we're gonna be assigned partner work.

Harry didn't seem to mind what was going on, though. This smirk was present the whole time.

Just as I made my way through all of the desks, Ms. Peterson said, "Today is lab day, so we'll be working in partners."

What did I say?

I sat down quietly at my desk and looked at Ms. Peterson, pretending to pay attention.

"Pst," a voice next to me whispered. "Pst!!"

Ignore. Ignore. Ignore.

"Pst! Y/N!" The voice whispered.

I turned around to look at Harry. "What do you want?"

"Be quiet. Talking in class will not be tolerated!" Ms. Peterson screeched.

Harry chuckled and leaned back in his chair.

He leans too much. I hope one day, he leans too far and falls off the face of earth.

"Since I'm feeling generous today, and not in the mood for handling this, you'll get to choose your own partner," Ms. Peterson stated.

I mentally thank her. That means that I will not be forced to work with Twattoos over there.

"Hey, Y/N," Harry says.

"What do you want?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

"We're working together." The group of girls surrounding him 'awed' and left.

"Um, no. We're not."

"Yes we are."

"No we aren't."

"You have anyone else in mind? Your number one choice is already taken," he says calmly.

I look over at Jase. The group of girls was surrounding him.

Great.

"I'd cut off my own tongue than work with you," I hissed.

Harry shrugged. "Would you much rather use your amazing social skills and ask someone else to work with you? We're just working on a lab. You'll do your part, and I'm do mine. Okay?"

"Fine. I still really dislike you," I say.

"Same." He smiled.