Part 17

Part 17

Today's Sunday. That means I have to go back to school tomorrow. Ugh.

I stared up at my plain ceiling and sighed.

My phone all of a sudden started buzzing.

Please don't be Harry.

Unknown: Heyyyy :) it's me, Mel. Hope u dnt mind tht I forced Jason in2 giving me your # ;) He seems depressed :P

I quickly save her number onto my phone.

Y/N: Hiiii Mel :))) how are u?

Mel: Good. U?

Y/N: greattt

Mel: u want 2 go 2 a party?

Y/N: when?

Mel: 2night

Y/N: Idk. Tomorrow we have school + I have nothing 2 wear :(

Mel: it's fine! I'll take u shoppingggggg!!!

I smiled.

Y/N: fine. Whose party?

Mel: Peter. U dnt kno him.

Y/N: ok, when will u pick me up?

Mel: I'll head over now, address?

I quickly sent her my address and dragged myself off of my bed to get ready.

--

"Mom, dad. I'm going shopping with my friend, then we're going to a party,"

I say quickly, hoping they'd just say yes and let it go.

"A party? Wow, you're popular. We just moved here two days ago!" dad joked.

I rolled my eyes. "It's nothing serious."

"Fine, just be safe," dad said.

"Don't do any drugs," mom added.

"I won't," I promised.

I suddenly heard a loud 'honk'. Mel.

"Well, bye! Love you!" I quickly say, waving them good bye.

When I got outside, Mel was waiting for me in a sparkly red car.

"Hey!" she greeted, dragging out the 'y'.

"Hi!"

"Oh my god, I'm gonna make you look so hot!" she squealed.

"What's wrong with the way I look now?"

"Nothing. Ready?"

"Yup."

--

In about ten minutes, we arrived at the mall. Mel dragged me to about twenty different shops, looking for a dress.

Let's just say, we don't exactly have the same sense in fashion.

I dug through the different dresses on the rack before picking up a long, flowy, pink dress.

"How about this?" I ask.

"Too long. Not tight enough."

"Yeah, I want to be able to breath and I don't like people being able to see my undergarments."

She cringed at my use of the word 'undergarments".

She picked up a dress. "This one?"

It was short, red, and had a very low sweetheart neckline. Not to mention, half of the back was missing.

"Absolutely not."

I pulled out another dress. The dress was black and looked like it went down about mid-thigh. There were big ruffles on it and it was strapless. The neckline didn't go down too low either.

"Oh my god! That actually looks great! Try it on!" Mel encouraged.

She quickly pushed me into the fitting room.

As I zip myself into the dress, I stared at my reflecting in astonishment. It looked great, and breathable too! I stepped out and Mel'd jaw dropped.

"That's the one! You look so hot!" she gaped.

"Yeah? I like it too."

"How much?"

I looked around for the price tag before finally finding it. "45."

I gasped. This was too good to be true. It's like this dress was made for me.

"That cheap? You better get it!" Mel warned.

"I will, I will!"

I rushed back into the room to take it off.

--

"C'mon, let's go to my house."

"That's it?"

"Yeah, I have a clutch and some pumps that would go perfectly with your dress!" Mel cheered.

"Okay, but I still have to do my makeup and whatnot. I look too... casual."

"It's fine. Leave it all to me!"

When we got to Mel's house. She led me up to her room. When I saw the size of her closet I almost fainted. It looked like a paradise.

Mel carefully chose out her outfit. She had a two piece white dress that had some silver sequins, laced white pumps, and a white clutch with some flower designs and a gold strap.

She gave me a pair of black pumps with some gems lined up on the sides, and a black clutch with a bow on it.

I struggled to walk on the heels, but she told me that I would adjust.

Mel decided to keep her hair straight and natural. Her make up wasn't too much either. She looked stunning.

Mel carefully did my makeup a little more fancier than I had and and curled my hair loosely.

When I saw my reflection, Mel squealed with excitement.

I didn't really look like myself. I looked radiant for once.

I thanked Mel and we left for the party.