Chapter Twenty-Two: Blushy Boys Are the Best Boys

    One day not long after the wedding, while Jack and David were on their honeymoon, Blink was skateboarding out in front of the house while Mush and Daisy watched him from inside. While trying to grind on the curb of the sidewalk (A/N that sounds so wrong), Blink fell off of his board, scraping his knee. As soon as Mush realized Blink was actually hurt, he ran outside, Paw Patrol band-aid in hand. He put it onto the half-blind boy's knee before pulling him off of the curb and into a hug. The two had been secretly dating for about a month at that point, and were completely in love with one another -- and both were completely terrified of saying the words 'I love you.'

    Little did they know that Katherine had seen the entire exchange. Katherine wasn't as naive as people believed that she was; being a female reporter surrounded by all males ensured she knew exactly what people thought of her. She knew what a loving hug looked like in comparison to a friendly hug, and from an outsider's perspective their hug looked so desperate. They were clinging to each other as if they needed the other in order to breathe - and they did. Little did Katherine know that the two had made a pact, a promise that if one died the other would too.

    After seeing Mush pull away from Blink only to pull the shorter boy into a sweet kiss, Katherine ran into the living room to tell the others of her discovery. As the two smitten Newsies walked back into the house, hand in hand, everyone stared at them. Blink dropped his boyfriend's hand in the hopes of no one noticing, but they were already being bombarded with questions before Blink's hand reached his side. Instead of answering any of their Manhattan Newsies Family™, Mush just looked at Blink and shrugged before grabbing the boy's hand again and dragging him upstairs.

    They sat on Mush's bed for a while afterwards, cuddling on their own in a comfortable silence. It was a while before either of them spoke.

    "So ah, I.." Blink trailed off. "I love you, Mush, you-you know that right?" He squeaked out, posing it more as a question due to his anxiety. Mush grinned.

    "I love you too," he replied as he leaned down and kissed Blink's forehead. He pulled the two of them back so they were actually laying down, and the pair fell asleep there in each others' arms, smiles on their faces.

    Kenny found the two hours later, still sleeping there on Mush's bed together. She smiled wearily, as it was quite late at night at that point, and left the room. She returned with a blanket big enough to cover the both of them from the hall closet, which she spread over them, and a box of condoms from one of the many stashes around the house. She left them on the nightstand with a note, and left the room with an accomplished and devious smirk.

Because Kenny Kelly wanted nothing more than for all of her brothers to be safe no matter what they were doing, and she planned on keeping them safe in the most embarrassing ways.

A/N: Look who's back! Junior year's a bitch, y'all. I've had like no time to get anything written but here have a chapter for your patience. Hopefully I'll get more free time soon (with the hockey season starting it's slightly more unlikely but it could happen) and worst case scenario I spend Thanksgiving break stockpiling chapters (bc I get no real breaks until then and it makes me wanna cry). But hopefully I get more productive before then! - AB