Chapter Thirty-Three: Back to School

Much to the smaller children's dismay, shortly after Daisy's birthday it was time for them to head to school. Luckily for them, the triplets and Daisy were all seven years old, putting them all in the same grade. It was much less fortunate for their teachers, who had no idea what was in store for them. Unsurprisingly, the children weren't the only ones dreading the return to school.

Nobody was surprised to see Jack clutching his daughter outside of the entrance to the school, his crying becoming closer to hysterical with every second. Of course he wasn't the only one upset to be sending the kids off to school, but he was always the Most Dramatic™ parent.

"Don't worry Poppa, I'll come home later and we can eat the cookies that Daddy makes and watch cartoons!" Daisy said as she patted her father's head, trying to make him feel better. Jack simply continued crying, wanting nothing more than to take her home to eat cookies right that second.

"I don't want you to grow up!" He whined through his tears, causing David to start getting emotional as well.

"Don't worry Poppa, I'll never grow up!" Daisy declared, hugging him tightly. She wriggled herself out of his grasp before giving Davey a quick hug and skipping into school. The Manhattan Newsies Family™, who had all come to drop the kids off, watched her skip away in the outfit that Mike and Ike had helped her choose for the day.

The twins proclaimed they had earned said right because Daisy was the only person in the family who could tell them apart. Whenever she's asked how she does it, she proudly states "Pracsit makes perfect!," essentially providing zero help to anyone else. None of them mind, however, because they practically die from cuteness overload when she pronounces her words wrong, but also from pride from her large vocabulary.

Daisy and the twins made sure that she would stand out on this first day of school. The small girl wore a lime green sweater paired with a blue tutu over pink leggings, along with her yellow rain boots. The outfit was completed by her cowboy backpack and lunch box, which were complimented by the purple cowboy hat on top of her head. She was quite the sight to behold.

David held a crying Jack as they watched their little girl walk into her school, followed by her three cousins whose parents were in a quite similar situation. While Kenny was able to say goodbye to her children like a rational adult, the behavior of her men was another story entirely. Spot cried quietly, but would deny it if asked about it. Meanwhile, Race and Albert were full-on sobbing, very similarly to Jack. As they all watched the children enter the building, they realized they were raising children of a different breed.

Because in addition to Daisy's extravagant outfit, the triplets were each wearing onesie pajamas.

a/n: because i'm one of the most ridiculous people i know, i had to make a little mock-up of what i imagine these children wearing for their first day of school. enjoy!

 enjoy!