Chapter Fourteen: Suave is a Shampoo, Not an Adjective for Jack Kelly

    After the foursome announced their new relationship status, Jack was stressed out and super nervous. He knew that it was now his job to make Javey a real thing, since all of the Newsies were anxiously awaiting it. Walking into the living room, he saw David sitting on the couch watching TV with the rest of the Manhattan Newsies Family™. Deciding to be the Suave Boi™ he felt like on the inside, Jack attempted to smoothly slide into the spot next to Dave. And promptly fell onto his face, accidentally slipping and falling onto the floor. All of the Newsies laughed, except for Dave.

    "A-are you okay, Jack?" He asked as he leaned down toward the ground where Jack was laying at his feet. Jack blushed majorly as he nodded, propping himself up on his elbows but not getting off of the floor.

    "David, ummm, insert-middle-name-here Jacobs, will date go on with Jack Kelly, u-um me?" Jack was a stuttering mess, and his face progressively turned deeper as he spoke. David looked down at the taller boy in confusion.

    "I'll translate," Kenny said as she rose from her spot on Albert's lap in a chair across the room. She walked over to stand next to Dave and Jack. "Davey, what my dear brother is trying to say is that he likes you a lot and thinks you're hot and he wants to go out with you." Jack just nodded, unable to trust himself to say something else without messing it up. David smiled down at Jack as Kenny walked back to Albert.

    "Sure!" He replied, finally offering Jack a hand and pulling him off of the floor and onto the couch next to him. On the inside, Dave was absolutely squealing. But of course, he didn't let it show.

Because although out of all of the male newsboys Dave showed his emotions the easiest, even he knew that squealing would result in endless teasing and an awkward tension in the room.

A/N (bc I feel bad): Some of these chapters are really long, and others are really short and I feel kinda bad about it. But my purpose with doing that is to try to give each comment it's own chapter (unless they're really interrelated) so some end up being way shorter. But hopefully daily uploads make up for it, yeah? - AB
(Ooh also as an afterthought tomorrow's chapter may be way late and/or may not be posted at all bc since school started back up I haven't had too much time to write oof so we'll see what happens since I don't technically have to do my homework tomorrow since it's Friday)