Chapter Nine: The Aftermath of the Grounding Situation

    As soon as he was done scolding Spot and sending him to the attic, David went to bed. He was tired of that week, and desperately needed a break. He didn't care that he was leaving fourteen Newsies unsupervised, where they would have easy access to weaponry. He slowly trudged up the stairs and accepted defeat for the night.

    Buttons walked into the house as Dave finished his grounding speech to Spot, and as he watched the Mom Friend™ walk up the stairs in defeat he knew that he would have to step up and watch over the fourteen insane people still in the kitchen.

    "WHO WANTS MAC AND CHEESE?" He yelled as he entered the kitchen. He proceeded to shoo everyone away from the knife room as they erupted in cheers.

    Race, Jojo, Albert, Mush, and Henry were tap dancing in the living room. Specs and Finch were fighting with brooms. Kenny, Elmer, and Romeo were tapping spoons and cups together and making a bunch of noise. Jack ran away to outside to paint and get away from the noise while awaiting his mac and cheese, and Crutchie decided to write a letter to Spot, since it was almost like the boy had been jailed. And Mike and Ike were, of course, in the basement trying to summon a demon. But all of their activities were dropped as soon as Buttons set down the huge bowls of mac and cheese on the already-set dining room table.

Because nothing gets between a Newsie and their mac and cheese.

To Be a NewsieOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara