Chapter Two: A Continuation

    Much to David and Albert's frustrations, as the former wanted to return home and restore peace and the latter wanted to join the chaos and fort building, the two had to make a pit stop at the local high school to pick up the delinquents in Saturday detention -- Jack and Crutchie.

    Two days prior...

    "Man, am I hungry," Crutchie muttered as he sat at the lunch table, nothing in front of him.

    "What happened to the lunch Dave packed for ya?" Jack asked him through a mouthful of food.

    "Oscar and Morris stole it this morning." Crutchie told him bitterly. Jack swallowed before replying.

    "Well that ain't right. C'mon, Crutch, I'm gettin' you somethin' to eat." The taller boy stalked off to the lunch line, the crippled boy straggling behind him.

    As Jack snatched the apple and began stealthily walking away, Crutchie begged him to stop and return it, insisting he was fine without food and he really didn't need the apple. Due to Crutchie's protests and Jack's stubbornness, it was no wonder that they stopped moving and were caught by Mr. Snyder, the *professional* hall monitor. And it was no wonder that they were given detention. Saturday detention. The worst detention of them all.

    End Flashback

    Once the car had been loaded up with the four Newsies, they were almost able to return home. David realized halfway through the ride home that they had barely any food -- because with eighteen Newsies living under one roof, as well as frequent visits from Katherine, they went through food very quickly. So he dropped Albert, Jack, and Crutchie at the house -- thus allowing them to be sucked into the chaos -- before going grocery shopping.

Because let's be real -- none of the Newsies can enter a grocery store without a) shoplifting and b) buying food that they absolutely do not need and will end up wasting.

A/N: Hi! Hope you're enjoying! Go check out the initial thread if you wanna see where this is going, if you wanna be surprised then don't. Some longer chapters and more excitement are in store as the story progresses! - AB