Ch 40: Jungkook

Beep

Beep

Beep

The sound of my heartbeat on the machine was nerve-racking as I've been hooked up to the machine for a month. I couldn't walk nor talk and I didn't eat anymore. All I can do was lay in bed and stare into space.

"Jungkook your immune system isn't doing so well dear. Have you been eating?" Luna the nurse asked softly as she withdrew the needle from my arm.

I stood silent.

I found talking to be painful.

I found everything painful.

She sighed deeply as she gathered her equipment and placed everything in her bag. "Jungkook I really want to hear your voice again." She said as she patted my hand and stood up. "If you rather talk to your little friend then, alright." She sighed as she stood up from her seat.

I could only watch was she walked slowly out the door, her frail body shuffled from side to side. I still didn't understand how she could come back knowing I was going to die.

She must have been really lonely.

"Jungkook how do I look?" I heard Jimin ask.

I looked over to the side as saw him emerge from the bathroom. He had on black skinny jeans, a red button up dress shirt with a black tie and a black jacket. His hair was parted in the middle, showing off his gorgeous forehead. 

'Y-You l-look great" I uttered. 

"Thanks." He smiled. "Are you sure you want me to go to prom?" he asked.

I nodded in response. I didn't want Jimin to miss out on prom because of me.

"Alright then...the limo should be here with Jisoo any minuet. When I asked her if she wanted to come to prom with me she freaked out. You should have seen the look on her face." He said with a mochi smile. I loved it when he smiled and I knew I was going to miss that smile. "Well I'm heading out now." He walked towards my bed and leaned in to kiss me on the forehead. "Text me when you need me, and this time I promise to come quickly." He said as he grabbed his phone and his prom ticket and left my room.

I was alone once again.

Beep

Beep

Beep

The machine was getting on my nerves.

 It was taunting me, telling me that I still had a heartbeat. 

I just want it all to stop.