Ch 2: Jungkook

"Jeon Jungkook, you're up next." The receptionist announced.

I was sitting in the far corner of the waiting room with my mother and my father. As soon as I heard my name, I instantly stood up. My heart pounded against my chest as I walked up to a nurse waiting for me.

My mother got up too, as did my father. They both had their weary faces on.

"You don't have to accompany him, he's old enough to come in by himself." The nurse spoke. I knew she was doing her job, but my parent's didn't want to hear it.

"We are coming in anyways." My mother said. Her soft voice was crisp, to the point.

The nurse slightly nodded and led us down a narrow hallway which lead to an oak door to our right. My heart continued to hammer against my chest, begging me to not enter.

"The doctor is waiting for you inside Mr. Jeon" the nurse informed me as she walk away.

"Well son, we have to find out eventually" My father whispered. I nodded in response but I couldn't bring myself to move.

Fear was eating away at my legs.

"Jungkook...we have to find out." My mother insisted as her small hand rested on my shoulder. "The suspense is killing me." She added.

I shuddered at the word kill.

It was such a small word, but it meant so much to me. There was a reason why I was there, and that reason was that there was something inside my body that wanted to kill me.

Kill

Who knew a four letter word could be so harsh?

Taking a deep breath, I opened the door and stepped inside. My doctor was waiting for me, a warm smile spread across his wrinkly features.

"Good evening Jungkook how are you?" my doctor asked. He always asked me that same question and I always gave him that same answer.

"I'm fine." I replied flatly.

My doctor continued to stare at me, his dark green eyes searched for something that still clung to life in me.

"Please sit down, we have a lot to talk about." He said.

I did as told and pulled up the chair next to me and sat down in front of his desk. Files of paper work cluttered the entire surface. I can understand that my doctor is a busy person. He has a life, we all do.

My parents stood behind me as my mother's hand was on my shoulder, comforting me. My father stood silent, his deep brown eyes were on the doctor.

"We have the results from your tests. And I'm sorry to say this, but your illness has reached into its final stage. You only have two years to live Jungkook, I'm sorry." The doctor announced.

You're not sorry you fucker! If you were really sorry, then you'll find a fucking cure for this!

My mother broke down crying, my father as well. Both couldn't believe that their only son was going to die. The doctor on the other hand, kept on apologizing.

If you're really sorry, then you'll help me, save me from this death. Stop fucking apologizing for something you didn't do! You're not the one inside my body, slowly eating away at my organs, making me suffer for the next two years!

"Jungkook do you have anything to say?" the doctor asked.

Yeah asshole I have a lot to say! Thank you for not bothering to take the time and look for an alternative! Thank you for not wanting to take the time to help me through this. Thank you for collecting the money my parents worked so hard to save up so you can buy that expensive Cadillac taking up space in the parking lot.

Thank you for telling me I'm going to die.

"Where is the bathroom?" I asked. The doctor blinked a few times, unsure if I had really just asked him where the bathroom was.

"It's down the hall, to your left." He replied.

I said my thank you and left the room. The last thing I heard was my mother's sobbing before the door closed behind me. I walked down that hall and entered the bathroom. 

I locked the door and approached the sink, the mirror showed an image of a healthy looking seventeen year old. If only the mirror could look inside me, if only the mirror can show what I really look like inside. All I saw was a nicely tanned skinned, chocolate brown eyes, and dark brown hair.

If only the mirror can shatter into millions of pieces.

I 'm handsome.

I 'm young.

I 'm going to die.

My name is Jeon Jungkook.

Welcome to my life.

Or whatever is left of it...