Moving On

Jimin's Pov

I sat on the cold grass for hours, staring at the grey marble rock embedded to the ground. It was smooth, with nice round edges and clean cut letters. The flowers in front of the marble made it seem somewhat enjoyable to look at.

"Jungkook...I miss you so much" I whispered.

It was pointless since the rock couldn't talk back to me.

He never was coming back.

I closed my eyes and allowed my senses to take over. I could hear the birds talk among each other. I could feel the warm breeze of an early Sunday morning and I could smell the faint aroma of rain from when it rained early this morning.

Everything reminded me of him

"Jimin?" I heard someone say.

I opened my eyes and looked over to the source. It was Jisoo.

I patted the spot next to me and she came over with a soft smile and sat down next to me. 

"How are you feeling?" she asked after a few moments for playing around with the grass.

"I don't know. Numb perhaps." I said as I looked down to my feet. 

Jisoo sighed deeply as leaned her head on my shoulder. I leaned my head against hers and read the words on Jungkook's grave.

"I'm going to miss him a lot" Jisoo said as she traced his name with her finger. "He was awesome to hang out with" she whispered.

"I'm going to miss him too Jisoo." I said as I managed to hold back my tears.

"I knew I'd find you guys here." Another voice rang out.

Jisoo and I looked over to see Taehyung standing by a tree. He was holding a bouquet of flowers and he had a guilty look to his face.

"I'll see you later Jimin." Jisoo said as she got up and left.

I got up as well and brushed the grass off my jeans. My legs were numb from sitting down for hours. "What do you want?" I asked. I was no longer angry with him but I still didn't trust him and until he could prove he really wanted to change, I had no reason to be his friend, nor did I really wanted to. 

He's done enough damage to me.

Taehyung approached me and stopped in front of the grave. He took a moment of silence, then placed the flowers down. "I just wanted to know how you are feeling." he said as he looked at me.

"Fine" I lied. "I'm doing fine." I repeated even thought it was a plain fucking lie.

Taehyung looked at me and it was obvious he knew I was lying. "Well...that's good." He sounded somewhat nervous. "So...how is...everything?" he asked.

I gave him a funny look and shrugged. "Fine."

"Fine?"

"Yeah, just fine." I repeated.

Taehyung stared at me closely as his eyes searched my face for some sort of emotion. "Well...alright then, I'll see you in school." He said as he then walked away.

I still don't understand Taehyung and I probably never will. If he weren't so mean to me then I might actually like him. 

I stared at Jungkook's grave and smiled.

I needed to keep on going.

I needed to see where my path lead me.

I knew I wasn't alone.

I had Jisoo.

I had Namjoon and Jin.

And I guessed I had Taehyung, but that was still to be determined.

I knew it wasn't over since I had senior year to deal with but I'll have make the best out of it.

"Thank you Jungkook" I whispered to his grave as the tears finally escaped. "Thank you for saving me."

The End.