Ch 36: Jungkook

Ring

Ring

Ring

I've been calling Jimin's phone all day but he didn't answer – not once. I was beginning to get worried. 

My health was getting worse every day and sooner or later everyone will start to notice. Namjoon and Jin were debating whether I should finish out high school at home. They wanted to hire a tutor and a fancy nurse to come to the house.

I didn't like the idea at all because it only made the thought of dying even worse.

I looked all around my room and saw how messy it was, which was weird considering I was naturally a neat guy. My mood hadn't been on top either. Ever since I started my medications and the strong chemo, my mood had been really bi-polar. One minute I was as happy as ever and then I'm punching the wall and screaming profanities at Jin and Namjoon.

 Sorry the caller you're trying to reach is currently unavailable. Please leave your message after the beep.

"Fuck! Where the hell is he?!" I hissed as I tossed my phone to the side. I really needed to talk to someone and Jimin was the only one on my mind.

Buzz

Buzz

I ran over to my bed and picked up the phone. It was text message.

Unknown:

Hey Jungkook, it's Taehyung. I noticed you haven't been to school often and I'm not going to bother you about Jimin anymore. I thought about what happened on Halloween and I've come to terms with the fact that you like Jimin and not me. Can you come over this afternoon? Just to talk and nothing more. I promise to keep my hands to myself.

I stared at the message long and hard. I wasn't sure if it was some sort of trick to get me in bed but to be honest, I was bored an Jimin was probably busy at work. 

Me:

Sure, but ONLY just to talk. If you try anything, I'm leaving.

I got up and walked over to the bathroom to get changed. As I entered my bathroom I walked over to the mirror and picked up my brush. As I brushed the back of my hair, I felt a light clump on my brush. I looked at it and noted a huge clump of my hair on the brush. I continued to stare at it and then I reached my hand back and touch the spot where I brushed.

It was a fucking bald spot.

You'll start to lose your hair...

The doctor's words echoed in my mind. She was right about losing my hair and sooner or later I'll begin to lose my mind too.

I didn't finish brushing my hair because I didn't want to fucking see any more reminders that I was dying. I threw on a pair of skinny jeans, a loose black shirt and my favorite beanie. I took my meds, including the antidepressants and casually walked out the door. I didn't need to drive since Taehyung lived down the block. I was debating all the way whether or not I should turn back and go home but by the time I made up my mind, I was already in front of his door.

As I lifted my hand to knock, the door swung open and there was Taehyung. 

"Hey you made it! For a second I thought you weren't gonna come." He said cheerfully.

I gave him a dark glare and pushed past him into his house. The mood pills haven't taken effect yet so he was going to have to deal with my bitchy attitude until then. "So what did you wanted to talk about?" I asked as I walked over and sat on his couch.