•twenty•

Shehryar, Mahira realised, looked even more handsome in person than he did in pictures, what  with his honey coloured eyes, sharp jawline and athletic figure

Shehryar, Mahira realised, looked even more handsome in person than he did in pictures, what with his honey coloured eyes, sharp jawline and athletic figure. No wonder Zoe had-

"Stop drooling." Zaroon said smugly from beside her, breaking Mahira's line of thought. Frowning, she elbowed him in the gut.

"I'm not drooling, I'm observing." She corrected with a glare and left him to join the others.

Coincidentally, she found her place beside Fawad, who to her utter confusion, didn't acknowledge her. Mahira's blood boiled, but she calmed her nerves when she realised there was no point in fretting over this condescending man.

Fine, she thought, Two could play at this game.

Thus, when her mother beckoned her over to introduce her to the guests, she brushed past him like an easy breeze, not even sparing him a glance. Aware of his now lingering gaze, Mahira smirked in triumph.

All freshened up and having completed her task of showing the guests to their respective rooms, Mahira leaned against one of the walls of the 2nd floor hallway. She had barely taken a breath when Shehryar appeared beside her.

"White as porcelain, rosy cheeked, with an aura of defiance. Hm, according to Zoe's description, you must be Mahira." 

Mahira could not help but let out a laugh at this unusual greeting.

"Zoe's description of you would take me days to list down so let's just leave it there." She held out a hand, "Yes, I'm Mahira and it's a pleasure to finally meet you."

"The pleasure's all mine." Shehryar smiled and shook Mahira's extended hand.

His smile was soon replaced by a look of anticipation that Mahira knew all too well.

"No." Mahira teasingly said before Shehryar could even utter a word.

"Please, just one look and I'll be gone."

"Nothing you say can sway me so it's not worth the effort." Mahira had now begun to walk towards the staircase with Shehryar closely on her heels.

"It's been so long since-."

"Since you last saw her or talked to her. Pfft, you really expect me to buy that," Mahira shook her head, "I know you two video call each other every other day. And I can't break tradition and let you sneak a peak. Grooms aren't supposed to see their brides before their wedding." Mahira's lips tugged up in amusement. She was so enjoying this.

"It's the 21st century and besides, what makes you think someone else won't tell me where Zoe is?" Shehryar asked in a humoured tone as they descended the staircase.

"It's a known code here. Nobody would tell you-," Mahira stopped in front of a mahogany door on the first floor.

"Except me." She said wickedly as she opened the door to reveal Zoe sitting near the window, whose eyes lightened up as soon as they landed on the man that had swept her off her feet.

" She said wickedly as she opened the door to reveal Zoe sitting near the window, whose eyes lightened up as soon as they landed on the man that had swept her off her feet

"20 minutes only, mister." Mahira said before closing the door and standing guard outside. It had melted her heart to see the grateful smile on Shehryar's face and the excitement and love that radiated off Zoe from seeing him after such a long time.

Mahira heaved a sigh of melancholy. That kind of love was hard to find, and the one that she had fallen trap to might just turn out to be unrequited and one sided.

Or so she believed.

•A/NShort chapter, but I hope you like it

A/N
Short chapter, but I hope you like it.
Do drop in a vote and comment.