Chapter 18

The Face Behind My Computer

Chapter 18

Rich: Why? Are you trying to stalk me or something?

Roxanne: No I just want to see how you look.

I have been trying to get Richard, to put a picture of himself as his profile picture all week. But he has been avoiding the conversation. It's almost like he was hiding something.

Rich: Why are you making this a big deal?

Roxanne: I'm not making it a big deal you are.

Roxanne: Are you afraid I might think you're ugly?

Rich: Oh please. You probably wouldn't take your eyes of me.

Roxanne: Then prove it change your profile picture.

Rich: Will do.

I smile satisfied that I had won this battle. I got off my bed went into my closet to get my vans. I slip them on got my bag and keys. I shove my phone into my back pocket leaving my house. I drove to Jen house and waited for the girls to come out. Knowing they were probably not ready yet I retrieve my phone out of my pocket.Strolling through my phone Richard reply back.

Rich: Are you happy now :)

I left the conversation and went to his profile to view his picture. Richard had on all over white; his shirt, and shorts. Then I notice he had on sun glasses which wasn't fair at all. But overall he was pretty damn good looking. What stun me the most was how familiar he looks. Those cheeks. The door slam close snapping me out of my thoughts.

Roxanne: No fair you are wearing sunglasses.

 Within a matter of minutes we arrive to school. "I'll meet you girls inside." Maddy and Jen share a glance sly smirk slipping on their lips.

"Take as long as you want." Maddy node towards Ricky who was standing by his car, that had been park by my. 

"Oh stop it I'm only going to talk to him." We got out of my car and the girls left giggling and making kissy faces. I shook my head rolling my eyes. I waited till they were out of hearing reach. "Hey." I call to him walking around my car.

"Are you talking to me?" Ricky points to himself and I had to laugh seeing he was mimicking me from the other day.

"Yes you!"

"Are you sure?" he said raising an eyebrow playing with his phone in his hand. "Cause I don't think I heard you quite clear." he stride towards me. 

"Well then you need to clean your ears." I couldn't help the nerves that cause my heart to beat irregular. "Anyways I came to talk-"

Ricky enclose the little space we had between us. "About?" his cold mint breath brush my ears causing me to shiver. We were too close. I could sense him staring at me. I back up just a bit and we at that moment lock gaze. I don't know why but there was something about him lock within those chocolate eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ricky P.O.V

 I took a dangerous step closer to where Roxanne stood. I watch as her hear beat pick up. I know this may make me sound like a girl but my heart was pounding against my chest as will, nerves crept its way in me. So many questions clouded my head as I stare into those breath taking eyes of hers. How is it that this one girl can just make me feel this way? What is it about this girl that just keeps drawing me closer to her? Should I tell her and get it over with? How will she react? What’s going on in her mind? Is she mad at me for canceling our date? Gosh I’m such an idiot.