Chapter 26

The Face Behind My Computer

Chapter 26

Maddy- It's Friday. What do you girls say we spend the night at Rox?

Jen-Idk Max is picking me up from practice later.

Rox- If you want to spend time with Sam just say it. I don't want to be a third wheel. 

Maddy- No not at all. I want to spend time with you girls.

Jen- What about the boys come over for a movie then go to Max place and hang out there.

Rox- Okay fine. @ 7pm.

The bell rang just in time. I do not think I could handle another second of boredom. It was just first period and all my energy was drain. I glance up to my right to confirm the time with the girls. "What about eight?" Jen asked and Maddy frantically node her head.

"Then eight it is!" I yell picking up my textbook and note book. "Does this mean I will be riding alone." They both laugh and said yes. I wave them off as I walk out of class. Despite the fact we had yet again another period together I had to switch textbook. 

The hall was pack with students rushing to class, other stopping to have a conversation with their friends. I still don't understand why they come to school if they do not want to be here. I rounded the corner and made my way to my locker. "Ay Roxanne!" I heard someone shout my name but didn't care to look.

When I reached my locker I put in my combination and crack it open. I froze at the sudden presence beside me. My gaze shift down and got a glimpse of their white sneaker.

His close proximity made me upset. Personal space is one thing you don't fool around with. I took a deep breath and proceeded with switching my books. While taking out my literature textbook a small cream envelope dropped on the top shelf of my locker. "I will be expecting you." His attempt to a seductive whisper was a complete and utter failure. With the capital F. 

Him along with the many others that has absolutely nothing to do with themselves, needs to get their heads out the clouds. There is more to this invitation than any naive chick thinks. It is that time of the year where girls are used for legal crimes. I grab the envelop and read over the print.

Gold

They vote on the hottest girl in school and uses that to rank each of us through mineral names.

"You're not actually thinking of going? Are you?" The voice startle me taking me out of my train of thoughts. I was becoming more and more use to hearing it and having him around. I shrug my shoulder shutting my locker. 

I personally do not have time for parties, neither am I a party person more like party pooper. I sigh shaking my head. "Not really interested." I said gesturing the envelop in Ricky direction.