Chapter 27

The Face Behind My Computer

Chapter 27 

"Okay." He replies in almost a whisper. He slid down on the bench and leans back crossing his legs one over the other. And folding his arms. Ricky shut his eye slowly as though drifting into dream land.

I don't mean to come off as a creep but I watch him as his chest raise and fall in a steady motion. His lips in a straight line and his jaw flexing as he breathe. Sitting here looking at him all these questions clouds my head. How can a person like him live with themselves?

Or why does he do it?

I hate to say it but in a way he reminds me of Sean and not because they are player's. Okay maybe that is why. They are both asshoes!

I took a deep breath rubbing my palm against my face. There was a sudden ring from my pocket that startles me. I ignore the call thinking it was Maddy or Jen calling to know my whereabouts. The phone rings three more time and I grunt withdrawing it from my pocket. I look at the caller id and saw it was an unfamiliar number. I quickly assumed it was Sean. This is boy actually wasting his time to call me on different numbers. That's just downright stupid.

Deciding to shut my phone off when they left a voicemail. My curiosity got the best of me as I play the voicemail that was left. There were laughers, chants and chatters in the background. It sounds like a group of teenagers at a football game with girls cheering but I could be wrong. "Hey..." there was a pause due to all the noise I could not hear what in the world he I'm assuming since it was a male voice was saying. Then everything quiet down. "Roxanne we seriously need to talk. Whether you want to or not." I frown getting up from the bench. What is so serious that this guy keeps harassing me about? I swear my life will never be the same ever again as long as Sean Taylor is alive. I cut the message mid way through when he started mentioning how we are still going out and all type of B.S.

My phone ring for the fourth time with the same number. I slid the answer bottom and press the phone to my ear. "Before you even utter a word."

"Rox-"

"No I don't want to listen to you!" I yell getting angry just by hearing his voice. "That's all I ever did was listen to you. Now look where that has putting me!"

"I'm sorry Rox-"

"Just stop calling me that." I thought my hand in the air.

"Whatever we had in the past is in the past. I don't freaking care what you do with other girl's just leave me alone. We don't have anything to talk about so stop fucking calling m phone. Ever since you came back my life has been hell."

"Roxanne-"

"Shut up Sean! I'm not done you have done enough damage and I am done. Don't think I want you back because I will be a bigger fool if I even did. Again stop calling me. Stalking me. Texting me." I was not going to let him get to me. He cannot destroy what I've worked so hard on.

There was silence on his end of the line. But I was able you catch the thumbing of his heart and the rapid breathing. "It's that Ricky guy isn't it?" I wasn't a least bit surprise. He's jealous over nothing. I turn around in the direction where I last saw Ricky on the bench but he wasn't there. My heart may had jump the slightest of bit seeing that spot unoccupied.

"Don't you get it? Did you not just hear a word I just said?"

"You're making a huge mistake Roxanne." what does this have to do with Ricky. "He's not who you think he is. People like us don't fall in love with girls like you."