Chapter 5

"Hurry up, dumbass! I don't have all day! Pancakes! Come get your free pancakes!"

A long line had formed in front of a stand in the cafeteria. It was a pancake stand. A lady was behind the stand, expertly flipping pancakes with one hand.

"Would you like some pancakes, Bunny?" Logan asked me.

"Yes." I said, wiping away my drool.

"Alright then, I'm going to pick us a table. Find me when you're done." He kissed my hand, then left me in the line.

I waited. The pancakes smelled so delicious and I was ready to have some.

The line got smaller and smaller, but slower and slower.

After ten minutes, I reached the stand. The woman behind it had long purple hair and green eyes. She was scowling. I couldn't help but assume that was the look she always wore.

"What do you want?" She sighed. "We have blueberry pancakes, chocolate chip, buttermilk-"

"Buttermilk, please." I said, eyeing the stacks of pancakes.

She filled a plate with 5 pancakes. I noticed she had a name tag on her apron. It read 'Violet'.

"Any toppings?" She asked with even less enthusiasm than before.

"Yes. Rainbow sprinkles, whipped cream and chocolate syrup."

"Jesus Christ, hurry it up!" The man behind me yelled. "Come on, how long does to take to do a simple order?!"

The woman's face immediately twisted into anger. "Oh yeah? Listen here, buddy." She grabbed a fist full of his hair. She grabbed his head and pushed it down, so it was at least two inches above the heat plate.

I backed up a little, afraid she would do it to me too.

"Stop!" The man screamed. "I'm sorry, okay?! Please don't burn off my hair line!"

"I've been making these pancakes all day and it's exhausting! I don't need you sass so shut up and deal with it!" She pushed him back. He landed on his butt on the ground. He quickly got up and ran out of the cafeteria in fear.

"Asshole," she said, finishing up my order.

"Thank you," I said once she gave me my plate.

"Finally, someone says it." She said, rolling her eyes.

I walked around looking for Logan. He waved to me and I sat down with him.

"I see that Violet got into another fight." He chuckled.

"That happens often?"

"Yes, all the time. Violet is a very strong girl and she doesn't take disrespect lightly. That guy must've been a transfer if he hadn't known that by now."

I took a bite of my pancakes. They were so delicious. Logan had hamburgers and fries it looked so good too. Why am I so hungry?

I realized once I finished eating that our table was being stared at. Noah was sitting at a table with other basketball players and a few girls. They were glaring at me. I quickly looked away.

"Are those your friends?" I asked Logan.

"I guess you could say that." he said, tossing a fry into his mouth.

"Why aren't you sitting with them then?"

"Because I'd rather sit with you, Bunny." He gave me another one of his charming smiles.

He set his hand on top of my head. "Don't question why I'm here with you anymore, okay? I want to be with you. I'm not forcing myself at all."

"Okay..."I said, looking down at my empty plate.