Epilogue

"Life, isn't that the most extraordinary thing? When you're least expecting it turns your whole world upside down. Sometimes for better, sometimes for worse. What makes my heart swell with happiness is that whatever there is to come, be it a wrecking ball or a hurricane for all I care... I'd be okay. I certainly know that because just like you always say I've got your hand to hold through it all. I'll be fine. We'll be fine. I love you. I'll prove it to you everyday till the end of time.

PS: Can't wait to see you. Mrs. Walker "

That's what it said on the note tucked in the beautiful bouquet of plumerias delivered to the room an hour ago. I gulped down some more water just to calm my nerves. I am so nervous that I was regretting I should have run away with him when he sneaked in to the room three hours ago. His kiss, simply his presence was what I just needed to get a grip and put on the wedding dress. Somehow he knew that, like he just read my mind. Though it did make Mel furious seeing him in the room just when she got back from the faked emergency Liam came up with. Yeah, Jay did got help from Liam and it was also a returned favor for letting him sneak in to get a quick kiss from his bride - Mel, just three months ago. Can't believe she fell for that even after I told her myself. Who am I kidding, I was beyond glad she fell for that. If not for the little stunt he pulled by sneaking in to see the bride before the ceremony, against the rules, I wouldn't be ready now after three long hours to head out to him.

Mom's tear filled eyes were watching me adoringly as I was hesitating at the door hanging on to Dad's arm probably blocking the blood supply to his hand of course. My mobile beeped on the stool beside me. From where I stood I could read the message on the notification screen, "Get down here Mrs Walker! Be mine, for life!" it said. I smiled knowingly that the single text from him did the magic, calming me down. I can and will walk down the isle bearing all the overwhelming attention on me , if I get to be his, for life. All the tension evaporated into thin air with that thought. Nodding at Dad trying to mirror his dashing smile I stepped out of the room right behind Mel, my Maid-of-Honor. All it took to my erratic heartbeats to find it's perfect rhythm is the fine sight of my man, waiting for me at the altar.

******

We got settled in my hometown Auburn, in a small apartment for ourselves. My parents lived just within few minutes drive. Whenever Jay's dad takes a break from his charity services he visits us. Mel and Liam moved to New York since Liam got appointed for a teaching position at Julliard. His band dispersed soon after they graduated but once in a while they get together and go on tours. Oftentimes we all get together on those tours to support him.

Mel, Tia, Devin and I started an architect firm. Well Tia can't work at one place plus Devin wanted to travel so much, they usually were hiking or bungee jumping somewhere, we hardly know. Hence most of the time it's just Mel and I running the firm. Jay got a job at a software manufacturing company, based in Auburn. We both had to fight our hectic schedules to find time for eachother. But we did managed, always.

We had two daughters and the youngest, a son. We named the eldest 'Thea' cause she is literally 'a gift from god'. And the second one 'Sadie', the princess, the stubborn one though. Jesse used to tease me I would google baby names while delivering the baby, even through excruciating labor pain. When I learned that I'm having a boy I had the name sort out in my mind. And Jay knew it too. No need to google it. It doesn't have a deep meaning or anything, but it was the most meaningful, in my world, my boy...Travis.

The letter that still hung on my room laminated and framed, he said "Mark my words Mayumi, there comes a day that you will be overwhelmed by happiness and you wouldn't believe how lucky you are. When that day comes, think of it as my pay-check. Just so you know there won't be an expiring date, just the eternal bliss" it indeed was a best pay back.