Chapter 02

I was invited to a pool party at friend of mine. Bryan's Dad and mine were friends for years now. I met him couple of times at CLUB9. We got along well as he and I got a lot in common. We both were same kind of players in regard of girls department. But he goes to extremes unlike me. I would probably pull a prank or dump them out of nowhere amid the relationship just to see the utter disappointment and betrayal on their faces. There were times that the girls I’ve been with questioned me whether I am actually straight or not. After all they never been able to resist me though the furthest I am willing to go is a mere hand-hold. Bryan has chosen a more physical way to play them. I on the other hand never tried to, even barely touched the skin of a girl in a romantic sense. I never wanted and it was hardly needed. But in my defense that was one of the things they drew in to me, they might be thinking I'm the purest of souls, the boy their moms would accept in a heartbeat, the guy that would never break their heart. Damn, they only knew.

He just asked me to show up at least for a while. He bragged about all the hot girls would be there. I wasn't interested though I decided to be there.

His house was few blocks away from mine. But I don't like to tire myself up by just walking down the lane. When I pulled by the side of his house his drive was already packed. I realized it wasn't as small as I thought it would be. His whole house was lit with multi-colored lights. It was loud, people and the music too. Most of the girls were in the hot tub, half naked, guys too.

"Yo JWalk, you made it" Bryan came out as soon as he saw me.

"Yeah man" I said ditching his jab to my gut.

"Time to party man. Dad got outta town. Won't be here till Saturday." He was excited.

"I thought this would be a little reunion of your high school mates?"

"It is" in his hand was an emptied plastic cup. I could feel it in his breath; he was drunk enough already "Let me introduce to my guys..." I wasn't in mood, so I cut him out "oh...no man, I'm good".

He frowned and changed the topic "Okay cool, let me introduced to the girls. Umm......" As he searched around, my eyes registered a familiar figure.

She was wearing a baggy t-shirt with a tight jean. Her curly hair was down her back in a loose plait, stubbornly escaped hair strands waving in the breeze.

"I think I got someone." his eyes tried to follow my gaze as I walked to her.

"Yo there are tons of hot balloons here... and you're going for that. You're a joke man" I heard him from behind.

She was taking pictures of the girls in the hot tub. She must be the official photographer here. A DSLR was draped around her neck. On my way to her I grabbed some ice cubes off the table and squeezed them in my hand. I stood behind her. She had no idea I was there as the atmosphere was so loud and crowded. I laid my cool fingers on both side of her cheeks from her back. She jumped off and would've fallen in to the pool if I didn't catch her right there.

"God Jay!" she screamed.

I was glad that no one heard the name she called me. She was the only one who ever called me Jay apart from dad of course. It was just the way she chose to call me. She didn't know it was my real name. Though I hate it, I didn't protest. It's not like I would hear it for long.

"Did I scare you?" I asked teasingly.

"Oh no... you didn't. I was about to jump in to the pool with my clothes on." she had a good sense of humor. She knew how to keep the flow. "What are you...dead? Your hands were cold.... like seriously?"

"Guess what... I am a vampire after all. Ha-ha" that annoyed her. She squared her shoulders. "What are you doing here?"

"That's the question I should be asking." She said wiping her cheeks from the back of her hand.