Chapter 32

His warm breath touched the skin on my back. He wrapped his lean yet muscular arms from behind me pulling me in. I didn't turn around to face him. "Someone told me that I should have enough rest hence he should leave me be for the night" I scowled playfully.

He placed a soft kiss right under my ear making my skin tingle. "Well that someone can't seem to leave you be" He chuckled. It felt familiar in the beginning but as it continued strangeness swallowed the huskier laugh and soon replaced with maliciousness. My entire body seemed to register that too. I looked down on the arms wrapping me in and they looked nothing like Jay's. In fact they were huge and were gripping my skin in rather painful way.

My breath hitched soon I realized that it isn't Jay. I tried to lose his grip on me. It was useless. I thrashed away trying to break loose. Jay must be in his room. He'd come for me. He'll save me. He always does, I thought. I jumped out of the bed finally escaping his brutal hold. When I turned around the bed was empty. At the door, there was someone.

"Liam?"

His face was expressionless. "It's him" he mumbled staring off in to the space.

"What?" I tried to walk toward him. My feet seemed to stuck in place without even budging a little.

"He's coming for you  Mayumi" he said. Mayumi? Strange. He never calls me that. What is wrong with him? I began to ask but his face suddenly started to blur. For a second I thought the concussions are resurfacing, but it was only his face going hazy. His face was changing so fast into so many unrecognizable faces that it was all a blur.

I sat upright at once, sweating immensely. It was a nightmare. But it felt more like a reminder, a silent warning, to look out for the imminent danger. My throat felt dry. I dragged my palm down my face sweeping off the sweat. My hand reached for the water glass on the bedside table in the dark. The cool glass touched the back of my palm. Before I caught it, it fell on to the floor with teeth-gritting sound of glass breaking.

Even before my mind make up for what to do next, I heard Jay's hurried footsteps rushing to my room. He came to me at once. "Ems?" Holding me up from my shoulders, he urged "You okay?"

"Jay I'm okay. I'm okay. It was the glass. I was just thirsty-" I trailed off, not wanting to bring up the bizarre nightmare.

He took a few minutes to calm down "You scared the hell out of me. Are you okay for sure?"

"Look at me? I'm fine." I gestured myself to him. He exhaled in a big gust. "Jay ... I'm sorry I woke you up. Did Jack too?"

"No...It's okay. I wasn't sleeping anyway. He is in the corner room downstairs ... he can't hear you....I'll bring you some water" he stepped out.

I switched on the light. The floor beside the bed was a mess. Gladly the most of the glass has scattered on the bedside mat. Carefully, I collect the mat off the floor and put the broken pieces in the bin at the corner. It was 3.30 in the morning. I was wiping the spilled water with a serviette when Jay came back with a plastic water bottle and some paper cups. 'Plastic? Seriously?' I thought. It was really embarrassing though he didn't mean it that way.

"Okay Cinderella...could you please step away and get back in bed... I really don't wanna drive you to hospital at this hour" he said placing the bottle and the cups beside the bed.

"Already done" I got back in the bed.

"Clumsy" he muttered.

"No I'm not" I said petulantly "Why were you up at this hour anyway?"

"I was about to go to bed-"

"No you weren't" I noticed his face just now. My heart sunk at the sight. Had he been crying? His tear stained eyes bothered me. They bothered me much more than the nightmare did awhile ago "What's wrong Jay?"