Chapter 17

I felt cool water droplets splashing on to my face. I still hear the blood rushing in the veins behind my ears. On top of that someone was literally screaming in to my ears. "Come on....wake up Curly." Do I need to guess who that could be? I knew it was him. My lips twitched. "Liam?" I whimpered. No sound came out; I was just mouthing his name.

"Can you hear me? Just....just move a finger if you do." He stammered.

"Which finger?" I was hoping to mouth the words, but only a low voice came out. I smiled a little to ease him up, like to say that I am okay. Though I was glad that he happened to be the one to find me, I felt sorry for him. I was gaining my sight back slowly. His face was red. I was in his arms.

He puckered his brows "Are you hurt somewhere?"

"No, no I guess... just fainted." I reassured him.

"You dumb-ass!" he was furious, but his face was going back to its normal color. I laughed despite the aching through my head. He let me upright slowly. He was still holding most of my weight of the upper half of my body, in case I fall back. I was pretty sure I won't. As long I was on the ground, seated. "Do you feel okay to get up? I should get you to the hospital."

"No, I'm fine." I knew next in line was the burning headache. "Can you grab my bag?" the painkillers were in the back pocket.

"What bag?" he was confused. Of course, there was no bag. I didn't bring anything today.

"Crap, it was in my bag." I muttered to myself.

"What are you talking about....okay can you please tell me what should I be doing now...in plain English?"

I sucked in a breath "I need you to get me home as fast as you can. I've got my pain-killers at home."

"Pain-killers? Why do I feel like this isn't the first time happening this to you?" he swept away the curls from my eyes.

"Because it isn't...the first time" I thought of lying, but I knew he wasn't gonna let go of this incident. I had to answer him one way or another. "Help me up."

"Another freaking secret" he was talking to himself. "You better get ready to answer me, Curly." If only I had a way to get off him before he get to that trivia. He helped me to get up and walked me to his Viano. His arms were around me, holding myself on to him. He put me in the front seat and put the seat belt himself. We both turned around as we heard a siren from the corner of the road.

"Please Liam tell them it's a false alarm. I don't want to go to the hospital now. I'm fine really." I literally begged him. He looked at me blankly. I saw two medics getting out of the ambulance and hurrying toward us. Though the side mirrors didn't make a clear view I could see that he was a muscular bearded and the other was a small built lady.

"Did you call 911? Is this the patient?" he asked Liam.

"Yes but-" before Liam even finished, bearded one gestured the other to get me. "Look, there has been a miscommunication..." The officer looked at Liam in confusion. "...I freaked out, but it was just... just a joke" I couldn't believe what he was talking about. A joke? Oh please! Couldn't he find a lame-er one?

"A joke?" He looked at both of us in raised eyebrows. I bet Liam would get both of us land in jail.

"We had an argument. You know women, drama queens!" Liam made a face, smirking at me "I thought she actually fainted"

He bored his intense stare on us for good long few minutes "How old are you kids?"

"Nineteen"..... "Twenty-two" we both answered at once.