twenty nine

THE HOSPITAL released taehyung early since he had been recovering quickly, to jeongguk's delight. however, taehyung believes he is a lot more healed than he actually is.

the swelling has went down a lot, but there's still bruising that needs to be treated carefully. the doctors strictly ordered taehyung to keep it easy, to not do any hard lifting because his body was still weak and he needs to respect its boundaries. no matter how good he's feeling.

taehyung has been whining while laying on the couch for jeongguk to come snuggle with him. as much as the younger wants to, he has been very afraid to hurt the blonde so he's kept his distance friendly and very PG.

jeongguk was sitting on the chair at the opposite side of the room, eyes glued to his phone and he put in some headphones to block out taehyung's voice. he feels guilty, of course. he hates to deny the blonde of things he wants, maybe even needs.

the blonde pouted, fiddling his thumbs until an idea popped into his head. his whole face brightened upon thinking of it and he sat up, very slowly as to not cause too much movement that would catch the other boy's attention.

this is what he calls his sneak attack:
he sits on his knees, back facing jeongguk until the striped robe that he's wearing slips down, exposing his bare back. there's a few bruises on it, but the front is worse so he figures it won't be a big deal.

jeongguk isn't looking yet, so he sighs and turns to throw a pillow at the boy before returning to his sexy stare. jeongguk's eyes fit up to him, scanning the boy before sighing and getting up from his chair.

taehyung is positively delighted

taehyung is positively delighted. he reaches for jeongguk as he comes closer, but all he receives is a hand gently pulling him back down on the couch. he removes an ear bud to properly address the boy, and he has his be a good boy and listen close face on. "i have told you countless times to stay there, and rest. i want to hold you, baby, and i want to kiss you. i want to do all of that but i can't stop fucking thinking about what he did to you. you have bruises still, taehyung. i can't just let that go."

the blonde feels like he's going to cry, "i need you."

"i'm here," jeongguk says, fingers carding through his baby's hair. "i'm always going to be, okay? i just— you cant expect me to say fuck it and get over what happened, alright? he hurt you, and i'm allowed to be upset over this. i'm allowed to be pissed off."

"b-but you're not mad at me, right?" just the way taehyung said it makes jeongguk even more angry. he sounds so small, so hurt. he shakes his head countless times, shushing the boy with a gentle kiss. jeongguk replies, "no, tae, of course not. you know who i'm mad at."

"don't hurt him, okay, gukkie?" taehyung asks, eyes boring into his own. "it's not worth it, and i don't want you to get hurt."

"i'm not making any promises."

"jeongguk!" taehyung grabs one of jeongguk's hands, placing it on his own soft tummy and making jeongguk rub it. it could be seen as childish, but when taehyung's feeling worked up over something, he likes to have his belly rubbed. jeongguk knows this, so he focuses completely on his baby and rubs his tummy gently. taehyung's lips wobble, "i know you want to hurt him, but i don't even want your knuckles to bleed. i don't care what you're going to say, if you fight him, i'm going to be mad at you and i'm going to go stay with hoseok or jimin."

"baby," it's jeongguk's turn to whine. "i can't just stand by after he did that to you!"

"you're not," taehyung says. "the police know who he is, and i'm sure he's done something else stupid while under the influence so maybe they'll lock him up for a while? i don't care where jihun is or what he's doing, i just need you."

"he could hurt you again," jeongguk says.

taehyung sighs. "i really doubt that he will."

"i'm glad you're feeling optimistic, but i don't trust the bitch," jeongguk kisses taehyung's tummy, continuing to rub it afterwards. "lets make a deal: i won't go out to find him only to beat his ass, but if he comes near you or even tries to harm you again, i'm knocking him out."

"only because i doubt that's going to happen," taehyung giggles. "we have a deal."

jeongguk smiles toothily, "sweet, wanna play overwatch?"

taehyung sits up, making grabby hands for the controller. "i thought you'd never ask."