ten

jeongguk's shift the next morning ended at noon. he spent all of sunday worrying about a certain blonde, hoping that he would be okay since he hasn't responded to any of his texts or calls.

honestly, he couldn't work very well in these conditions. his fingers shook as he handed customers their coffee, he'd have to apologize for not hearing them the first time as he was lost in thought, and even as some older lady got onto him for messing up her order all he did was think about taehyung.

"you're a little out of it," namjoon said curiously. "is everything okay?"

he could lie as to not worry his boss, but he doesn't feel like he should so he shakes his head.

"minjae will be here shortly to relieve you but we're a little slow right now, so why don't you just head out? go take care of whatever it is you need to."

jeongguk can't help but to give namjoon the most grateful hug he's ever received in his life. the taller boy smiles at how precious the kid can be sometimes. even if he's a little shit half the time.

the younger thanks him repeatedly as he runs out to his car and begins to drive back to his apartment. the second he gets there, he pulls his phone out and tries to get ahold of taehyung again.

no luck.

"fuck, tae."

__________

taehyung wakes up from his bad night of sleep with a crook in his neck. he touches his face, yawning, and feels tear stains guessing that he must have cried while he was asleep.

how pathetic

he hears a knock on the door and hopes to god that it's jeongguk coming for him like he did when jihun had him clean the house — although it was jeongguk who did most of the work.

to his slight disappointment, he sees a familiar red haired boy greeting him with a worried look etched on his normally smiling face. his eyes shoot down to what taehyung is wearing and he frowns, obviously surprised but more concerned than anything. "where is your clothes?"

taehyung looks down to see that he is still in the panties from the last two nights. he feels gross.

i am gross

hoseok slips off his jacket that he was wearing and slips it through taehyung's small arms, zipping it up when it's fully on. he whispers, "jeongguk called me. he said you haven't been answering any of his calls. he wanted me to see if you were okay."

taehyung turns around to glance over at his broken phone still on the floor. it doesn't slip past hoseok. he can hear a gasp, but he still is too tired to say anything.

"what did he do?"

the blonde shakes his head. "i deserved it. he did nothing wrong."

"that's bullshit, taehyung," hoseok says angrily. it makes taehyung flinch so the red haired softens his words. "you're shaken up. you clearly went through something bad and you do not deserve to be treated that way."

he doesn't respond to that.

you're wrong

"is he still here?" hoseok asks quietly.

a nod.

as soon as taehyung registers that his friend is trying to enter the home probably to beat the hell out of his boyfriend, he goes to hug him and keep him outside. "don't!"

"he fucking hurt you, taehyung. i don't know how but he did. you're scared of him!"

the blonde is shaking again. hoseok can feel the shy trembles against his body and he softens completely, "i'm going to take you to jeongguk."