four

SUGGESTED TRACK
smoothie - young fades

JEONGGUK GOT A job at a starbucks near to his apartment. he didn't think he'd ever be the guy to work there, but here he is in his green apron making all the caramel macchiatos his heart desires.

there's several downfalls to the job. for instance, he has to get up at the ass o'clock in the morning to prepare for the day. he only has early morning shifts.

you can't forget about the customers that think they know how the rules work in the cafe. they seem to know all the answers and the recipes. [no, helen, there is not ice cream in your pumpkin spice latte?]

but the most annoying part of the job is that it's also very close to the seoul hospital. meaning a certain dickhead comes in here often. wonder who that could be.

"can i get a black coffee?" the dickhead asks tiredly.

"do you want it as black as your soul?" jeongguk mutters. the dickhead looks up at him curiously. he shakes his head and smiles one of his fakest smiles. "would you like this for here or to go?"

the dickhead points to the door.

he did see him do that, but he acts like he did not because he loves being an inconvenience for the worlds most annoying dickheads. especially if the art of being an inconvenience gives taehyung a little longer without the ugly rat in front of him. "sorry?"

"i said to go."

"you didn't say that though." jeongguk says as he brews some coffee. "i have spectacular hearing."

the asshole rolls his eyes. "just give me my damn coffee so i can go home to my boyfriend."

jeongguk looks up from where he was brewing his coffee, and glances over at the ugly rat. he sticks his tongue out in his cheek. "speaking of taehyung... did you want to maybe give him something too? i hear he was up late last night."

(except he wasn't because jeongguk took care of that situation very quick, but ugly rats don't deserve to be caught up in the current events.)

the piece of shit glares at him. "did he tell you that?"

well, shit.

"no," jeongguk lies easily. "i drove past your place last night to go home and the lights were still on. taehyung never sleeps with the lights on. it was just a hunch."

the bitch grunts. "whatever."

"so are you going to get him something?"

"he doesn't like coffee."

jeongguk chuckles, "just wait here."

he begins to brew a caramel macchiato as he knows that taehyung usually does hate coffee, but he absolutely adores jeongguk's drinks. he adds some whipped cream on the top at the memory of taehyung giving it savoring kitten licks every time jeongguk puts the whipped cream on it at home.

"just give him this," he says as he finishes it. he hands it over to the dickhead politely. "he'll drink it."

the asshole furrows his eyebrows at him. "okay? what about my drink?"

jeongguk clicks his tongue. he walks over to pick up his cup and when he turns back to the dickhead, he trips over the air for some reason and the hot liquid splashed all over dark blue scrubs.

his eyes widen like saucers, and he gasps.

oh darn. what a shame.

"so sorry! i'll make you another very quickly!"

the dickhead scoffs, "what the fuck. no, just, don't even. i'm leaving."

jeongguk pouts at the retreating back and he wipes a fake tear. that's when someone taps his shoulder from behind him and he turns to see namjoon looking down at him expectedly. "what was that?"

the younger shrugs. "an abusive piece of shit."

namjoon nods, "just clean up the mess."

___________

when jihun gets home that morning, still drenched in hot liquid that's now drying uncomfortably, he rushes up to the bathroom and sets taehyung's coffee next to the sleeping boy.

the ruckus did wake him up, though, so he sits up rubbing his eyes sleepily. yawning cutely. "jihun?"

the boy in question turns to him. his cheeks are red due to the anger and small pinch of embarrassment he felt as that fucking prick spilt burning coffee on him. who the hell does he think he is?

and to fucking craft taehyung some coffee from scratch? no, there's no way in hell he's going to tell him that jeongguk made that for him. he just wants to take his boyfriend all for himself.

that's not gonna happen.

"w- why are you wet?" taehyung asks quietly. in one small part of him, he wants to laugh at the irony in this statement after everything that happened last night.

jihun scowls at him, "that fucking jeon kid. he had one job and it was to make me my coffee, but he spilled it on me."

"oh." taehyung takes in the mess in front of him that is his boyfriend. he will remember to hug jeongguk for this. a big powerful hug.

jihun storms off to the bathroom and he slams the door shut.

taehyung takes the opportunity to text his friend.

__________

jeongguk's phone rings in his pocket. a special ringtone to specify that it is, in fact, taehyung trying to get ahold of him.

he takes his phone out of his pocket and smiles at the message:

thank you gukkie

__________

__________

OOF I HAD SO MUCH FUN WRITING THIS CHAP